Turbo Manifold

Manorness7

Re: Turbo Manifold

Postby Manorness7 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:33 pm

I would like to know as well. Would be very helpful.

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:11 pm

yes please do enlighten us great xiaogary
http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000185677338

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124271

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:34 am

Haha, you guys are like flies on $h!+. :lol:
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:37 am

indeed we are wolf, indeed we are......

xiaogary

Postby xiaogary » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:52 am

Petrified.Rabbit wrote:i only have two questions.

first is can you turn or rotate the turbo? the output that goes to the intake look alike it points right at the block.

second how much?

is there anyone in singapore than can reprogram an ECU? i donot want piggy back or trciks..

Yes, turbo and the compressor housing can be rotated. There are few nuts there, symmetrical, so can rotate.

It costed me abt $490+ for each piece after adding up the goverment taxes, and labour cost, for stainless steel welding and cutting flange and port and polish the internal wherever I can reach. Due to the labour cost and small order quantity, its not cheap. Need laser cut also for the thick flange.

Yes we have reprogramming. But then its limited to certain daewoo ECU. My 2005 aveo ECU cannot (delphi). 2006-2208 I think can be reflashed (different brand). But then again, tuning is best done on dyno machine because each engine is made differently and different people have different mods. I dont think u can reprogram without sending the car here. Or at least its not efficient. You will not get the 100% power out of the result. At most 70% efficiency. I suggest piggy back, I am using it. Whats wrong with piggy back? Care to share?

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:20 am

ill have to buy one in FEB

explain a piggyback system, i have no clue what one is???

xiaogary

Postby xiaogary » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 am

Piggyback is a piggyback computer (ECU) which intercept the various sensor readings, and then base on the fuel mapping and ignition advance mapping you set in the piggyback's memory, it will cheat the car's ECU by over-riding the car's ECU fuel feeding and ignition advance angle and make sure you have the max power.

A typical NA car, stock condition. Can achieve 10-15% extra power from a tuning. If exhaust and air intake is changed, it can achieve even up to 20-25%. If you change the camshaft and increase compression ratio and air flow, the power can increase even more 30-40%.

The reason why stock NA car normally can achieve 10-15% is because from factory, the ECU is tuned in such a way the exhaust is not too hot (hot gases create Nitrogen oxides which is harmful to environment). So they normally tune it richer. Spare fuel is input to cool down the chamber temperature and exos temperature. But because of this, its not at max potential (power) of the engine. In fact after you tune with piggyback, you will also see 5-10% better fuel consumption because normally it make the fuel feeding leaner and save petrol.

ontarian_frog

Postby ontarian_frog » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:56 am

a piggyback takes care of the fueling. unfortunately, it can't take care of the timing, because the original ecu would be fighting the piggyback all the time. It's a cheap way to go, but not ideal. Nothing beats a standalone configuration, unfortuantely, most shops will charge you up to 2000$ plus tuning time for one. you could get a Megasquirt, but it's touch and go if you have no experience with one. Plus finding someone that has the experience with one might be hard.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:15 pm

piggy back would be ok.. but i would rather go standalone at that point as a good controller costs about the same, and takes about the same amount to wiring and tuning.

i cannot use piggy back because it will not pass our emissions test. plus i am a vw person so reflashing ecu is common. plus i have installed piggy back it is still limited although not much, and i dont like the added wiring, nor the idea that is "tricks" the stock computer.

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:30 pm

I agree, for what your gonna spend installing and tuning a piggyback system it would just be worth it to put that work and money into a MegaSuirt stand alone system. You're always gonna want to upgrade, that's just life. With a stand alone you have that option, piggyback only goes so far. Piggyback is still a good way to go though under 10psi boost.

Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

Return to “Engine / Drivetrain”