•  

View Poll Results: Do you like this product? Should FabricatorX work on other parts too??

Voters
    31. You may not vote on this poll
    • Yes, I can't wait for more!!

26 83.87%
    • Yes sure, better than nothing I guess.

0 0%
    • Indifferent

2 6.45%
    • Nah, don't like it.

3 9.68%
    Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *It's IN!!!* Strut Brace from FabricatorX - Install how to.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

*It's IN!!!* Strut Brace from FabricatorX - Install how to.

I got it, and its in...sooo sweet!! This bar is so nice, better than any I handled when working at Sport Compact Only. Why?? Each brace is hand-fabbed using quality materials and FabricatorX is very strict on his quality issues. I mean, he wouldn't give me the bar I got until it was perfect, that's quality I appreciate. I'd rather be patient for a good quality piece then rush it and get 2nd rate because I'm impatient.

(Click all pics for larger version)

The bar comes in a clean flat black finish, so you can leave it as is or repaint it as you see fit to match your underhood scheme. Remember to test fit everything before refinishing... no refunds on altered parts.

Tools Needed

Socket Wrench w/Extension -
      Wrench -
      Rubber Mallet (or clothed wrapped hammer, be careful)
      Jack

Also helpful...
      Friend to Help

Okay, first things first, pop open the hood. When installing bolts use the washer under the bolt head, the nut is self gripping (washer would defeat that feature.)

1.) Take the bar and install the brass grommets. Its a tight fit, so use the mallet as needed.
      (remember tight is good, means no squeaking.)

2.) Next install one side bracket, again the fit is tight, so use the mallet as needed. Install bolt head and washer from front side (towards the front end of the car, the smaller bracket side). Once bolt is through put nut on other end and tighten it down. Set the bracket into the car with the bar on it.

3.) Drop the bolts for the bracket into that side's bracket, but do not actually bolt them in yet.

4.) Position the other end of the bar in place

and also fit in the other bracket.

(This is where it helps to have a friend)

5.) Convince the other end of the bar into the other bracket. Again, its a tight fit, but that's intentional. It will fit, its just a precision fit not APC mass-produced.
      Both ends are now stuck in place,

6.) Now jack one side up and then you will have to remove the fender liner (if you still have one). Now you can bolt the bolts underneath in the fenderwell. Use the wrench with an extention so you can reach in there easier.

7.) Once you bolt down one side

then switch on to the other side, lift with jack, remove fender liner, bolt down with the wrench.

8.) Bolt the nuts on the other side and torque down tight.

9.) Re install the fender liners once both sides are tightly torqued down.

Check bolts after a hundred miles to ensure they are still tight, then check with each oil change. (This will ensure that the bar stays in place and doesn't create a safety issue)

Now stand back and enjoy enjoy the new brace bar, close the hood, and Go Driving!!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Looking great, wish I had the extra money kicking around to get one. It is high on my list of "To do" for my Aveo.

Ryan
      Quote Originally Posted by thebarber
      if you cant take a joke, dont be one.
      Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981
      ah yes... the ricer scale.
      1 ricer = 3 vin diesel
      1 vin diesel = 2 paul walker
      4 paul walker = 1hp

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      $130 shipped to all Aveoclub members
      Designer/Fabricator
      Action RaceFab

Thanks
      thats a good deal, i'll check back in a few weeks when I actually have cash, going back to college now leaves me with nothing.

Thanks
      Looks cool, but what's exactly the point of a strut brace in an aveo? Does it actually help with anything? Also I might stop by SCO and take a look myself raven.
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      awesome awesome awesome! wait till i get some cash!
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by g0ast
      Looks cool, but what's exactly the point of a strut brace in an aveo? Does it actually help with anything? Also I might stop by SCO and take a look myself raven.
      It should make the car a lot more stable, taking out a lot of the body roll...but I do want to see what the results are by the person who actually installed it. How much better is it to drive?

Thanks
      body twist is the actual term for this example. Strut bars typically deflect laterally in relation to each other, this stops it. Other than that, you know it looks pimp
      Designer/Fabricator
      Action RaceFab

Thanks
      WOW...I notice a real difference. Less body creaking, flatter turns (not as much of the rolling feeling), and it seems more responsive. I tried really h ard to to drive the same as I usualoly do to, so it was a control test. Loving it, I'll try it on some twisty roads when I got home from work tomorrow morning.

Thanks
      ok i want one 130 shipped where are you it might be faster for me to pick it up?

FASTEST AVEO IN ONTARIO

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast