•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UR front bar and others

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

UR front bar and others

hey all =)

this write up is for the front lower bar.

tools needed include jack stands, jack, 17mm socket and 19mm socket (i also used a 19mm wrench), lug wrench to take wheels off.

honestly i think the install would only be 15 minutes tops with a lift and an impact wrench, but it took me and my friend roughly an hour to do this though.

this is how it looks all bolted up.

The first thing i did was grab a friend haha. it does help to work both sides at the same time.

ok so start by taking off front wheels and having a set of jack stands
      you want to get your front end up in this sort of position

i did this by first getting one side up, putting the jack stand in its place and doing the same process for the next side.

i then put the big jack right here for safety precautions and if the frame were to move any while the bolts were being taken out

i then decided to take out this bolt first on each side, get the frame brace in place for those two bolts then kind of leave the bar ontop of the smaller jack, we did this so that we could move onto the next bolts without having to hold onto the brace(you can see it there in the middle)

these first bolts we tackled on each side it was a 17mm bolt and with wheels off it gives better room to move around as you can see

the two bolts behind these ones are big momma 19mm bolts

as soon as the big ones are out (this is where i used the 19mm wrench) you can move the smaller jack and position the brace in place and tighten down everything

so basically i pulled the 17mm bolts out, put the brace up, hand tightened those back in place
      then i took the 19mm bolts out and put the brace up and hand tightened those in place
      and lastly tightened everything down

and your done

everything went smoothly though and this is a nice straightforward install. any additional questions feel free to ask.

also you can see the rear sway bar in one of the pics and for that i used the trick where you lower the rear frame and the springs fall out method (found here viewtopic.php?t=1022). again having a friend to help was nice where you can do both sides at the same time. other than this, Larsbud writeup for this helped me along nicely

and also the front strut bar went in rather nicely as well. one thing about that though was that i didnt cut the one bracket larsbud mentioned. instead i used the provide washer for the bar to sit on and it actually fit perfectly and flush with the bracket. i just used some extra washers laying around to compensate for using the provided one.

so far with all the bars in. it feels pretty dang nice
      i noticed a big difference with my first turn just onto the main road. defintely a lot less body roll and handling feels brand new

ULTRA RACING canada goodies available here ://ultraracingcanada.com/?q=catalog/27

Thanks

Re: UR front bar and others

Nice write up, thanks!

I take it you installed all the bars at once? No idea how they affect things individually eh?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daox
      Nice write up, thanks!

I take it you installed all the bars at once? No idea how they affect things individually eh?
      no problem
      Well i installed the rear strut bar first. i noticed a more stable, less shaky freeway drive.
      Then the front strut bar went in. And there was a big improvement in the overall driving experience. A lot more solid in the turning department.
      The rear sway bar and 4 pt bar went in at the same time and the whole package really cleaned up a lot of the roll the aveo gets. I was able to do my first autocross after the whole package was installed and i felt great in the tight turns and slaloms. the car was very predictable
      ULTRA RACING canada goodies available here ://ultraracingcanada.com/?q=catalog/27

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Would this bars be worth it on my car, keep in mind I'm only driving my car like for everyday use?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dare2ride
      Would this bars be worth it on my car, keep in mind I'm only driving my car like for everyday use?
      for everyday use i feel its a great improvement. my daily commute is nice and smooth and overall handling and stability of this little car has greatly improved. the constant sway i used to get on the highway/freeway from the high winds has dramatically decreased. (i think the springs also helped with that)

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

man, you guys... am I glad I found this forum. This will make it so much easier when I actually get them. I think knowing how to install something helps make the decision.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by serega12
      man, you guys... am I glad I found this forum. This will make it so much easier when I actually get them. I think knowing how to install something helps make the decision.
      install pointers are great thing to have indeed
      glad i can help out with the UR parts

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one_man_jam
      Quote Originally Posted by serega12
      install pointers are great thing to have indeed
      glad i can help out with the UR parts
      I'm in the process of ordering mine through NextGenTuning. Can't wait...
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Very nice write-up of the install. We are a site sponsor for these bars so if you please have any questions do not hesitate to contact us! Sold some to the members already!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThrowdownPerformance
      Very nice write-up of the install. We are a site sponsor for these bars so if you please have any questions do not hesitate to contact us! Sold some to the members already!
      thanks Glad to see more support out there for us aveo goers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast