•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today Was A Good Day!

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Today Was A Good Day!

Just a few minutes ago, I got home from walking to my local Fred Meyers. The route I took was down State Route 410. I was going down 410 when I saw on the other side of the road, a cop car with it's lights flashing. He was pulling over a minivan. Then, on my side, another cop car with it's sirens on flies right past me, making a u-turn at the very first available intersection. 2 cops for 1 driver? Anyways, I get to Fred Meyers, couldn't find what I was looking for, and headed home. I saw that the second cop had already left. By the time I had gotten right across from the cop car, a tow truck came by, and was getting set to tow away the minivan! I may have not gotten what I was looking for, but I think that this trip was totally worth it just for seeing someone getting pulled over!

Oh, and don't you hate when the people who slow down to about 20 under the limit, because they are: A-nosey or B-scared to get pulled over. I got to see that happen as well on my way to the store.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      its a state law here that you have to slow down below the speed limit (forget the exact #) when a cop is possibly walking along the side of the road. And you are REALLY supposed to move over to the other lane if two lanes exist.

Thanks
      Do you know why he was pulled over? I admit I take joy in seeing someone pulled over, but usually only if I've seen them doing something bone headed before.

(PS: law in Ontario is that you must change lanes to give as much room to emergency vehicles if there's a lane to change into.)

Thanks
      That could be the law here. I'm not sure though... Might be. I never really thought of it that way before though, for the safety of the cops. If it is a law for us though, they didn't include it in our state driver's ed manuals when I took driver's ed a year & a half ago. And I do understand moving over to the other lane, if possible.

EDIT: Yeah, our law is similar to what yours is, rabbit. My dad was saying something about that, and they just changed it recently apparently.
      Last edited by MoneyMike; 01-25-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
      Do you know why he was pulled over? I admit I take joy in seeing someone pulled over, but usually only if I've seen them doing something bone headed before.

(PS: law in Ontario is that you must change lanes to give as much room to emergency vehicles if there's a lane to change into.)
      Not sure why. Must have been something serious if the car got towed... The only things I could think of are DUI, stolen car, or warrent for arrest. IDK though, so I couldn't really say. I would look like an oddball just sitting on the side of a state route, watching what was going on. Plus, Bonney Lake cops have a tendency to be overly anal with teens. I'm only 18, and kinda look like I should still be in high school, so then I'd probably have had to go through a bunch of bs with them.

What do you mean there's no turbo? trempus's Avatar
      Thanks
      in Nova Scotia, they jsut passed a new law where you have to change lane if possible and slow down to 60 km/h, if you don't it's a fine of $340

2004 chevy aveo---
      2006 chevy uplander

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      I slow down and move over anyways lol, it is the right thing to do, a good law I think

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by trempus View Post
      in Nova Scotia, they jsut passed a new law where you have to change lane if possible and slow down to 60 km/h, if you don't it's a fine of $340
      Damn, $340! Well, that's a good lesson about safety then. So, I'm guessing in mph, it'd be slow down to 35 (actually, it'd be 37.something, but I don't see them doing anything ending in anything other than 0 or 5). Which if it were on the road that I was walking down, that would be extremely fair. The speed limit on that is only 45 mph (75.42 kph). So you wouldn't be going that much slower (it would seem that way to me, at least).

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      they can also tow cars for inspection, registration, and insurance.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      yeah so dont piss them off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast