•  

Thread: BEST CHEVROLET EASLY, SC Camaro abuse

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

BEST CHEVROLET EASLY, SC Camaro abuse

I read about this on Camaro5 last night, straight from the Camaro owner. Now, Best Chevolet's facebook page is getting filled up with this video, and a bunch of negative comments about what they did to this guy. The video (well, it's just audio with pics of the guy's car) is ranking pretty high on Reddit, and is even starting to get news attention. Man, they mistreated this car, insulted the cusomer behind his back (caught on this audio recording), and are trying to charge him for a new clutch AND charge GM for a pressure plate, just so the techie (who can't even drive a damn manual obviously) can get paid for doing the work.

Driver Records South Carolina Chevy Dealership Trashing His Camaro

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Dang, I live near there. I love it! I had several issue recently with Customer Service in the Upstate SC. I am not surprised at the dealership.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Thanks
      Dealership in Camaro-thrashing story buys back car from satisfied owner | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos

The dealership FINALLY did the right thing and bought the man's Camaro. For more than the KBB value. The Camaro will go up for auction, with the proceeds going to charity. The ex-owner of the Camaro will also donate his proceeds to charity. And he says that he's happy with the genreous offer, and took the video off of youtube.

Now, that's all fine and dandy, but the dealership is still one you want to avoid. From claiming that the audio was "misleadingly edited" (I'm not so sure what was misleading about the fact that they were going to try and screw the car owner AND GM) to claiming that "a car of that style needs to be driven hard for the problem that the owner stated" (his problem concerned PARKING LOT SPEEDS, I can't see someone driving ANY car hard in a parking lot) to "well, he had his Camaro at another dealership and they damaged it" (true, but they probably actually USED the clutch, unlike your "master technicians" and caused it to melt). And obviously, from the audio, that wasn't the first time that they abused customers' cars. Plus, let's not forget about that customer service situation (glad to know that they think of customers as "f**kers"). And it's situations like this that make people HATE dealerships.
      Last edited by MoneyMike; 10-11-2012 at 01:33 AM.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks
      That was all over the CruzeTalk.com forums too! Man we were raggin on them!
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Thanks
      With how fast that story spread, I'm not surprised. Either way, that dealership's reputation is ruined. They had to remove their facebook page from massive spamming of that video, as well as the truckload of negative comments concerning that incident.