•  

Thread: 2009 aveo wont start

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2009 aveo wont start

Hello guys,my 09 aveo started fine in the morning of 27 aug.,drove it for 30' parked and 2 hours later ,just didn't start,battery is fine,took out starter is .good.full tank of gas.
      Had timing belt done about 2 weeks ago had been fine.cant locate crank sensor,any tips,appreciated.

Thanks
      What happens when you go to try to start it? I assume you get dash lights with a good battery. Does it crank, but just not fire up?

Thanks

2009 aveo wont start

Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
      What happens when you go to try to start it? I assume you get dash lights with a good battery. Does it crank, but just not fire up?

Hi daox.right there is dash lights,and a long sound,then kind does nothing,until i shut off and try again,i did pull out the injectors and saw a spray,when i did pump on the gas pedal, and then try to start ,i do hear ,like a vacuum sound,did get a new evap.canister selenoid as per book,no luck.

Thanks
      Does the engine spin over when you turn the key to start it?

Thanks

2009 aveo wont start

Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
      Does the engine spin over when you turn the key to start it?
      yes it does.also checked for spark and there is on all 4

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Not trying to be overly critical of what you've posted because you're attempting to follow up and communicate more information (which is way more than most do). But that said, it's really hard to understand everything you wrote, which is why Daox had to ask the same question twice. Those short phrases with just a random word or two (like starter, evap solenoid) make this whole thing really hard to understand, and I'm guessing that maybe English is not your primary language. Anyway, can you get it towed to the shop that did the timing belt? (I'm assuming a shop did the work because you said 'had' the timing belt done). If the timing belt jumped, it might be causing mis-timed spark that can't fire cylinders properly. I always consider recent work the prime suspect for any new problem, until proven innocent.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by avguy View Post
      Not trying to be overly critical of what you've posted because you're attempting to follow up and communicate more information (which is way more than most do). But that said, it's really hard to understand everything you wrote, which is why Daox had to ask the same question twice. Those short phrases with just a random word or two (like starter, evap solenoid) make this whole thing really hard to understand, and I'm guessing that maybe English is not your primary language. Anyway, can you get it towed to the shop that did the timing belt? (I'm assuming a shop did the work because you said 'had' the timing belt done). If the timing belt jumped, it might be causing mis-timed spark that can't fire cylinders properly. I always consider recent work the prime suspect for any new problem, until proven innocent.
      Thanks avguy,you are right on everything,I consider the timing belt from day one,was trying a few things,last night ,with the mechanic,that did the work,him on the phone,and me in the car,yes I have to find a way to get the car towed or bring a new mechanic here,am an hour away,is possible to have a mis-timed,even after two weeks of car running fine,just asking,sorry for creating a confusion.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      I don't know how likely it would be for someone to make a timing belt installation mistake on a second gen Aveo. It could easily happen on a first gen if the WP bolts aren't tightened correctly, but WP isn't in the timing belt loop on the second gen. A bad part is always possible, but typically highly unlikely. When I suggested towing to the shop that did the job, I just assumed it was close to where you live. But an hour tow would probably be a big cost to you, so maybe it would be better to have a closer mechanic take a look to make sure everything is ok with the belt. Have you tried to start it with carb cleaner (I don't use small engine starter fluid), in order to confirm that the problem isn't fuel-related? And no need to apologize for what you've written - at least you're trying to have a conversation, which is way more than most others do.