•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UR rear strut bar install

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

UR rear strut bar install

This is the Ultra Racing package when i first recieved it

The rear strut bar is the third one from the top. The rest include the 16mm rear sway bar, front strut bar, and 4 pt. chassis brace.

ok so tools needed for install include 12mm socket or wrench and a razor. i used a regular wrench cuz i couldn't find my socket wrench, but it probably would have made it a lot easier.

anyways i would start by taking out rear seat, just for the extra space to manuever. Then your next step is to peel your liner from your sides back. There is only one spot where it is bolted down to the floor (which would be underneath the seat), but if you start from the there it will help a lot. Just peel it all the way back towards the hatch working it out of the grooves.

you'll soon see this portion right here where your rear seats attach to. loosen the bottom bolt and put it aside.

i put the bar up like this first so i could do the same to the other side.

as soon as both ends are held up go ahead and swing it forward and start tightening down everything.

i don't have a rear seat but i did go ahead and check to see if it would interfere with the rear seats in any way and it doesn't when it is in this position

now that everything is tightened down you will need to make a little slit in the lining to accomodate the bar. from the initial slit that is for the hoop thing for the back seats, you only need to go down about 2 inches and cut into it another 2 inches or so. (i'm sure there are many ways to do this, but this is what i did)

you'll get a little flap that looks like this

i then cut right where that little groove goes down for the top portion of the bar

oh ya on the left side (or right side depending on where your looking from) of the liner is the light, this little guy pops out with a little bit of a push from the opposite end. i took mine out so i could peel the liner back a bit more, i'm sure you can do it with it still in though.

if you take it out, go ahead and put it back in and do the same cuts for the opposite sides and put your liner back together.

tighten down the middle bolts for the strut bar using crescent wrench or whatever big size wrench it needs

and done =)

and just for fun

hope this helps guys

ULTRA RACING canada goodies available here ://ultraracingcanada.com/?q=catalog/27

Thanks

Re: UR rear strut bar install

It would be very interesting to compare this bar on the hatch and on the sedan. I've measured frame flex on another car I own (sedan) and there was no noticable movement, and I did use precision instruments. It would be interesting to do some testing to see if the Aveo hatch or sedan flexes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daox
      It would be very interesting to compare this bar on the hatch and on the sedan. I've measured frame flex on another car I own (sedan) and there was no noticable movement, and I did use precision instruments. It would be interesting to do some testing to see if the Aveo hatch or sedan flexes.
      i wouldn't think there would be much flex to begin, but the rear strut bar i feel was a good investment. i didn't really notice much in the every day driving in and around town, but on the freeway and highway is where i felt most of the improvement. a lot less vibration and a more sturdy feel in my opinion
      ULTRA RACING canada goodies available here ://ultraracingcanada.com/?q=catalog/27

What do you mean there's no turbo? LarsBud's Avatar
      Thanks

The car sits much better on the road and handles much better.
      Always make the best of what you have!
      http://caferacersontario.forumer.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LarsBud
      took the words out of my mouth

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Is this 'Ultra Racing' package suitable for an Aveo Sedan? I'd be interested to know the price and where you can buy it from!
      Thanks

What do you mean there's no turbo? LarsBud's Avatar
      Thanks

You can go on the Ultraracingcanada.com sight and check out what they all have for the Sedan. That’s where I got my parts.
      Always make the best of what you have!
      http://caferacersontario.forumer.com

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one_man_jam
      Quote Originally Posted by LarsBud
      took the words out of my mouth
      One man jam,

could you take a picture of the bottom 4-pt brace installed when you get a chance? I have a pretty good idea on what to do with the rest of them, but I have no idea what the bottom brace does or where it goes. I'm sure I could figure it out just by raising the car and poking around, but I would rather see what it looks like installed.

Thanks ahead.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

Check this thread out:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27474

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daox
      Check this thread out:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27474
      Thanks Daox... i found that thread 30 seconds after i posted this. But now this thread has a link to the other one.

2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast