•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turn off the open door beeper

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Turn off the open door beeper

I find it annoying when I am trying to work on my car, or show off the sound system in my car with the front driver door open, and the key is in the ignition and turned to provide power to the radio, but the open door beeper messes up the sound and it gets annoying right? Hopefully I'm not the only one right? Anyway to get rid of that beeping without having to remove the metal face plate under the steering wheel:

Step 1: Find the small brown box peeking out from the top of a steel plate just above the brake pedal.

Step 2: Find the white plug attached to the brown box (if you are still worried about if it's the right one, just feel it while it's beeping and you can feel the speaker vibrate), reach on top of the white plug for a snap lock and push it down to unlock the plug and pull it out, the beeping will stop.

It does not hurt your car in any way, the computer still thinks it's beeping so its safe.

"If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      or you can leave the key on "on" and open the door and it wont keep making the sound.....

Wil this remove all of the beeping that the car makes, such as the seat belts?

Still love my daily driver Nemasys's Avatar
      Thanks
      If you leave the ignition on, not on accessory mode, on like after starting the car, there wont be any beeping when the doors are open, you will only get the regular 5 beeps like you always get when you start it, no beeps after
      > 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
      - Fully built, GT35R, 500+ whp

> 2004 Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged [RETIRED]
      - T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
      - HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
      - FMIC with 2.5" piping
      - Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57

Thanks
      I'm talking about the nonstop beeping you get when the key is in the ignition and turned to the 1st stop, that powers the radio and lights but not the A/C which is the 2nd stop.

The 1st stop (I don't know the names) beeps nonstop because it's the car's way of telling you "Hey don't forget the key!"
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by g0ast
      I'm talking about the nonstop beeping you get when the key is in the ignition and turned to the 1st stop, that powers the radio and lights but not the A/C which is the 2nd stop.

The 1st stop (I don't know the names) beeps nonstop because it's the car's way of telling you "Hey don't forget the key!"
      well then leave it in the 2nd position like i said, it doesnt use any extra power....why make the extra effort to disconnect a hard to reach connecter when you can put the key on "on"??

Thanks
      Cause I hate that beeping all together.

Quote Originally Posted by michael word
      Wil this remove all of the beeping that the car makes, such as the seat belts?
      uh my car doesnt have a beeping noise for seat belts

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

key in ignition buzzer

JUST the topic I was looking for! I have the opposite problem- my buzzer stopped working! What do I do to get it working again? Is it one of those little "metal" modules in the fuse box that buzzes or just this brown box under the dash that buzzes? Thanks.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Re: Turn off the open door beeper

Haha, mine quit beeping as well. Though, I don't mind because I find it annoying anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast