•  

Thread: Tire Stretching And Offset Calculator

Still love my daily driver classic67's Avatar
      Thanks

Tire Stretching And Offset Calculator

Ok so getting lower is not new but there are a few thing you need to know if you want to get a good stance

Stretching tires started in europe and got intoduced to japan and not the other way around. There are a few ways to stretch tires

-starter fluid and lighter although not the safest way but it stillworks for mild stretches
      -Bead seater tank AKA cheetah tank will stretch everything else.

Is it safe?
      Thats up to you. No one can tell you what to do with your car. I dont recomend a crazy stretch like 155/60r15 on an 8in wide wheel but a mild stretch both looks nice and can help with control.

Its ultimatly up to you if you want stretch or not but here is a link to a site that will show you any stretch you could run into.

TyreStretch.com - Image Library

The second part to this thread is offset

Offset is how the face of the wheel is closer to the outside or inside of the rim. Most wheels for our cars are 40+ offset because its the easiest to fit. If you need to know if the wheel will fit you need to know

-How wide your stock wheel is
      -The dia of your stock wheels
      -The offset of your stock wheel

And the same info for the wheels you want. Here is a link to plug in your measurements.
      Online Wheel & Tyre Fitment calculator. Offset, Tyre stretch and Rolling Radius calculator

To be sure they will fit take a measuring tape and measure from the outer lip straight out to the edge of the fender and look down at the measurement That is your poke the calculator will tell you the poke of your new wheel take that measurment and subtract the old measurment and thats how far the new wheels will stick out.
      Easy right...

It will also tell you how far in the wheel stick and as long as you dont rub your good. When you deside to buy these wheels make sure they will clear the front caliper if they dont then you have to find different wheels or spacers and run new math.

Good luck

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I've been looking for something like this forever, and then I find it.
      Thanks!