•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strobe Lights in the heater vents

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Strobe Lights in the heater vents

Originally posted by megaveo610

Start by indentifying and knowing your strobe light system. Usually, strobe lights run down into a control module...usually black and has a dial to adjust the speed of the strobes. You'll want to put this in a convinient location somehat close to the strobes (in this case the heater vents). I found the glove compartment a great place.

1. Start by detaching ur lower a parts of the dash next to the stereo.

2. You'll see 4 gold colored bolts holding ur stereo/cubby to ur dash, remove them(for ne 1 who installed their own deck, this is all familiar)

3. Take out your stereo/cubby and remove the wiring harness and antenna wires to completely remove from dash

4. You will see a screw on each side of the bottom of the black liner that has the clock on the top. Remove them...and start removing the whole black part (its all snap-in stuff so becareful when removing)

5. Disconnect the hazard light wiring harness.

6. Take notice to the mtal frame that is INSIDE the dash...this is what you'll use to ground ur components.

7. I used a relay switch so, take some auto wire, crimp on an O-ring, remove one of the gold bolts that is screwed into the metal (10mm size) and screw the o ring down.leave the other end of this ground dangling as this will be used to ground the swich (illuminated rocker switch)

8. Pop ur glove box and peer through ur opened dash towards ur glove box...u should see the inside of ur glove box...use this to route u strobe lights through...and leave the control modul in the glove box. Place the lights in the two openings of the black piping (air ducts).

9. Time to find a power source...theres prob a million in there, but choose wisely, some only carry power if another component is used...so i would use ur stereo power wire (should be yellow and was disconnected form ur stereo a few steps before.

10 Splice into this wire with ur automotive wire and wire it up to where ur rocker switch will go (i put mine next to the hazard lights in one of those circles when u remove the whole black part of the dash..you can get in behind and take out the circle...leaving a hole to place a switch).

11. Now, ur control module should have two other wires coming out of it...black and red. Red is power, black is ground, we'll start by grounding the module the same way we did the switch. Run the ground wire form the module through the same route u did the strobe lights to the metal frame and crimp an o ring on...and ground like u did with the rocker.

12. Now, run the power wire up to the switch. (This will be known as signal, or product) Through the same way u did with the modules ground and strobe lights.

13. Now, Your rocker switch will have three prongs (if its an illuminated switch) One for ground, one for power (battery or power source), and one for signal or product (whatever it is ur installing, in this case, strobe lights) there will be a diagram on which prong is which, and attach ur leads to the switch as so.

14. If you have connected all leads to the switch, turn the switch ON and if u did this correctly, ur strobes should light up, along with ur rocker switch!

15. Now, place the black part back onto the dash sliding it in level to the dash clip it back in, and look at alll those wires. Take some wire ties etc. and make it look nice, keep in mind ur deck is goin in that big hole and filling most of it up.

16. Put the stereo back in...screw in all the screws and double check your strobes.

17. Once your dash is all back together, u can now switch them on via the switch...pop ur glove box to control the tempo of the strobes, and enjoy and hopefully you'll get as many compliments on this as i have

Quote Originally Posted by thebarber
      if you cant take a joke, dont be one.
      Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981
      ah yes... the ricer scale.
      1 ricer = 3 vin diesel
      1 vin diesel = 2 paul walker
      4 paul walker = 1hp

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      thanks alot of the this was helpful to find the problem in my strobes. i put them in about 6 months ago and couldnt get them to work but now their working. really thanks. i altered it a little to make them flash with my sub and my underglow even. all and all everything looks great at night.
      Chad Turnbow - 2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2421514

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      ghetto-fabulous

Thanks
      I have blue LEDs in my air ducts. I spliced into the power for the HVAC lights so that the LEDs would come on when I turned my headlights on. Somehow that didn't work though

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      You used 12v leds, right?
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Thanks
      That is correct.

Thanks
      Well, I wired into my stereo and now the LEDs work the way I want. Unfortunately, I had to unplug the stereo to do that, and now it's asking for a code when I turn it on. Any help??

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      RTFM
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      pqaveo
      RTFM, because early model Aveos had a security code for the radio in case it was stolen.

Thanks
      Okay, I'm not a f@(king dipsh!t, alright? I know why it's asking for a code. Thing is, I never got one. I bought my car used, so I didn't know if the dealer is supposed to give you one or what.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast