•  

Thread: No Spray from rear wiper

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

No Spray from rear wiper

I've just purchased a 2006 Chevrolet Kalos, which I have read is pretty much the same build as a Aveo.

I have checked the nozzle and it's not blocked, I have checked the tube (as much as I can without opening anything up) and there isn't any blockages that I can feel.

The front spray is working fine but the rear is not. I can't hear any motor at the rear (not sure if there is one) but what could it be and is it an easy fix, and how do I go about carrying this out?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Thanks
      So I got the interior off the back of the boot but I can't see any Pump, is there one supposed to be there? Is there a fuse that could of blown? Or is the fuse for both the front and back?

What do you mean there's no turbo? FlaAveo5's Avatar
      Thanks
      Hi. Check the fuses first for the wiper pump for the rear hatch...it COULD be that simple. BUT at that age, it is the pump burned out.
      I have a 2006 Aveo HatchBack, it is the same car, and i have the same problem and have had it for a year now. It is such a pain, it was so nice to be able to clean the hatch with the push of the wiper stalk. I see you are in the UK,...KALOS is the AVEO name over there. Just to let you know, the pump you are looking for is attached to the windshield washer tank in the engine compartment.
      There are 2 separate pumps there, one for the front, and one for the hatchback. It has burned out. The pump itself is fairly cheap, its on EBay and its cheap there, so from some other sellers, it is probably even cheaper. BUT to replace it, is a bit difficult. You have to remove the inner fender well plastic cover on the front drivers side. To expose the wiper fluid tank, and see the pumps attached to it, take out the correct one, put in a new one, hope there is no 'junk' in your line going to the back window, and the fluid will go to it again. It looks like a easy job to fix, but I personally dont know how to remove the wheel well plastic, and not break it.

I know it is attached with plastic 'screws/plugs', and I don't know how to remove them, and get the wheel well cover out of the way. But that is where your pump is located. I hope that helps. Go on EBay and look for a windshield washer pump, for a 2006 Chevy Aveo HB, and you'll see it, maybe get the GM code number, if you want to search online for it. But put in Chevy Aveo,..Kalos is not well known on EBay.

It is the SAME CAR, and you'll see what pump you need. Then maybe on You Tube, or on here, someone can tell you how to replace it. No one has told me, so I don't know. And the dealer wants WAY to much to do it. I assume the wiper is still working? As long as it is still working, then it is JUST the pump burned out on the tank. Let me know if you get it fixed, how much it cost you, if you do it, and how it goes. Good luck.

Thanks
      Thanks for replying! Ok so I just have to remove the wheel, and the wheel well covering then! I have actually got a pump from the guy who sold me the car, it was a spare one he brought! I checked the fuses but could only see one for washer/wiper , but they all work apart from the spray at the back so I am guessing it's the pump! I will attempt to fix this on Saturday and I will let you know how I get on!

What do you mean there's no turbo? FlaAveo5's Avatar
      Thanks
      Hi. Glad I could help someone!! Do you KNOW you have the correct pump? There are two of them. Yes, just take off the wheel, and if you know how to remove the inner fender-well plastic, you get full access to the washer reservoir, and the 2 pumps are attached to it. They just unscrew and pull off the reservoir, or you remove the reservoir and the pumps are on the back side of it, pull off the line to the rear window, make sure it doesnt have any tiny holes in it, might as inspect it, to see how good it is, then put it back together and thats it.

PLEASE let me know how you get the inner fender-well plastics off, if you have a way to take some pics. of the plugs/screws that holds it in, post how to take them out. I thought you had to buy new ones from the dealer. BUT I am probably wrong. That once you push in on those plug screws, they have to be replaced. I know they are cheap...but they probably can be used over and over.

Thanks
      I have an issue with my rear spray but the problem I’m having is no power to the rear washer motor