•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fog Lights Install

Geo
      I'll keep it and add a turbo Geo's Avatar
      Thanks

Fog Lights Install

Hey folks!

I'm wondering if I could install OEM fog lights on my aveo and if so, what would I need? Also, is it possible to install HIDs to them?

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      Hids would be blinding, don't put them in fogs. I did a retro and installed is300 fogs on my aveo, which are projectors so they are fine for hids. If you want to install factory fogs I have found andysautosport and carid both have them for like 70 bucks a pair. You would need a relay harness to install them

Geo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
      Hids would be blinding, don't put them in fogs. I did a retro and installed is300 fogs on my aveo, which are projectors so they are fine for hids. If you want to install factory fogs I have found andysautosport and carid both have them for like 70 bucks a pair. You would need a relay harness to install them
      Great thanks. i'm guessing that i'd have to power them from the fuse box under the hood? Also, would they just turn on when I turn my headlights on?

I forgot to mention that I have a 06 model that did not come with fog lights

Thanks
      No. Never power anything from the fusebox unless it is very low voltage like an led strip or something. 55w fogs aren't low voltage. A relay takes power right from the battery. I have a diagram in another thread, try searching "fog light relay". I'm on my phone otherwise I would link you. The diagram is there. And you can wire the relay turn on to a headlight fuse (you are only drawing a tiny bit of power to switch the relay) so it will turn on with headlights. Also, I have a 2010 so my fogs are way different then yours, otherwise I would go through the process of installing OEM ones

Geo
      Thanks
      No. Never power anything from the fusebox unless it is very low voltage like an led strip or something. 55w fogs aren't low voltage. A relay takes power right from the battery. I have a diagram in another thread, try searching "fog light relay". I'm on my phone otherwise I would link you. The diagram is there. And you can wire the relay turn on to a headlight fuse (you are only drawing a tiny bit of power to switch the relay) so it will turn on with headlights. Also, I have a 2010 so my fogs are way different then yours, otherwise I would go through the process of installing OEM ones
      Ok thanks for the help. I guess I became confused about where to power from

Thanks
      So I finally got all of my parts and began my oem fog light install on my '06 aveo hb. I started by removing the driver side wheel and then the plastic fender well liner. Then I removed half of the screws and bolts holding the bumper on to allow me to reach the plastic covers where the fog lights are going. I did not want to have to remove the entire bumper so this was very tight. But I managed to pull the plastic covers and install the new fogs with very little trouble. I repeated this process on the passenger side. I just started wiring them in with a universal harness and I'm going to run the on/ off cable to the new factory turn/headlight/high beam/ fog switch I bought as I wanted them to appear factory.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      That looks awesome! Total cost?

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Smile 2010 Aveo5 fog lights

Hi there.

I just bought the fog lights for my 2010 Aveo5. Can you please tell me how to installed them ? I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks man,

Thanks
      Factory or aftermarket fogs?

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Fog lights

Factory or aftermarket fogs?
      The fog lights are factory fog lights.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast