•  

Thread: DRL relocation theory

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

DRL relocation theory

i believe i have figured out how to relocate the DRL's. i want to locate them to the parking lights. or to that lil dummy light lens inside the headlight(of course do that mod for making that lens a light). i was looking at the schematics for the DRL's and it looks to be "pin 4, YG" that will hafta to relocated (clip it and run the wire to another bulb).

the DRL's arent 100% voltage, so that bulb will be a bit dim. to over come that, use a DMM to see what the DRL's output voltage is (im guessing its around 5v) and get a relay that works under that known voltage. use that voltage to activate the relay, and run 12v to the relay switch. and walah, you have DRL's that arent on the headlight anymore. that way, you can run HIDs without damaging your ebay balast and have nifty looking DRLs.

im sure this would work.

Everything is custom because we cant afford to do it right.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: DRL relocation theory

pin 4, YG? damn, You sank my battleship! Add WTF to those nifty abbreve's. Does ebay have good balast deals?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

i forgot to mention, pin 4, YG is on the DRL connector.

haha, smartass is setting in. DMM is digital multi meter, HID is high intensity discharge, and DRL is of course daytime running light. ok, im done being a smart ass oh, and WTF is what the fvck.

ebay does have good deals, but the quality is another story. you can get an off brand 7th party 9th world country ballast that may work. or may not. gotta risk some $$ for that. if it does work, dont apply current to just the ballast. have the hid bulb plugged into it. and dont use anything lower than the standard 12v when operating it. if done, you will toast your ebay ballast. yes, they are that cheap. even though i am knocking the quality of an affordable ebay ballast, they are a good deal when they work upon arrival.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

had to do it, no harm in smartassing. I just unplugged my DRL's. Looks better.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

i bet it does. i didnt look to hard, more of a glance, but i didnt see my module at all.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

i unplugged mine, and it looks so much damn better. seeing that DRL indicator between the gauges just reminds me of a check engine light. that is just seeing it from a glance when looking at the tach.

now i just need to run the correct gauge of wire from that light output wire in the drl module to a relay, run a wire from the relay to the parking lights. relocate them first of course.

this is how i am wanting to do my lights, the normal bumper lights will only be used for the turn signals. the light mod in the headlight will be my parking lights and DRL's. now i just need to figure out what rating of a relay i will need to use is. i know it needs to be a SPST 12v relay. but handling at what amps and watts. i will need to see what the current draw will be of the bulbs i will be using. im gonna go amber LED for my mod. fill the entire thing with leds

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks

revival bump.

I would like an update on this please. I want to do similar but with projector headlights that have LED's and Halo's

http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.