•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blacking Out the emblem and Badge Removal

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Blacking Out the emblem and Badge Removal

So this is the first car that I've ever really felt like doing anything with. I started with the sunroof install and the window tinting. Then I decided the gold on yellow bowties was just awful so I blacked them out. I tried two options. First was the vinyl, which was ok from a far but close up you could see the imprefections. Then I went with taping the emblem off and painting it while it was on the car. MUCH better. Very happy with the results. All you need to do really is tape off, sand the emblem, and paint.

After that I decided I wanted to remove all my rear tags...aveo, lt, and dealer badges...some of the other diy instructions make this seem difficult, time consuming, or require certain items for which I found completely unecessary. The whole process took maybe 15 minutes at most and the majority of that was due to my OCD.

All I needed was fishing line, turtlewax adhesive remover, and a cloth. I sprayed the badges first. Let it sit for a minute or two. then I took the fishing line and wiggled behind the badges and they came off easy. I didn't apply any extra heat (heat gun or hair dryer). I guess the key was the turtle wax. I'll use that for everything. Once I popped them all off I just sprayed some more turtle wax on and wiped away the remaining adhesive. If your lucky a lot of it will peel off, but it's easy enough to rub off.

Here are some pictures (Not sure how they'll show up. I'm new to the forums. It's pretty clear what the pictures explain, which one is vinyl vs. paint, and the ingredients I used for each project.

Attached Images Attached Images          

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Looks good...I've been meaning to debadge...just been real lazy lately. Just an FYI, block out your plate#. A lot of weirdos out there (that's definately the parent in me talking lol)

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i disagree, how is having the plate number posted on the internet in a picture any different than it being displayed on the back of the car while driving around?

i can only see it relevant is a jail bait 16yo posts pictures of herself and a new car on facebook or something.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      i can only see it relevant is a jail bait 16yo posts pictures of herself and a new car on facebook or something.
      I don't know how old rdskns56 actually is, which is why I said anything at all

Thanks
      I can assure you Im well over the age of 20 but also equally as far under 30. A little mystery doesn't hurt.

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      Guess it depends on how paranoid you are. And your age. I don't recommend anyone even under the age of 21 posting personal information more than their first name. I have made the mistake of letting some people have my phone number... Anyway.

Back on topic, I wish I would have known about the turtle wax adhesive remover. I was using goof off and it left a lot of glue residue behind. Luckily I have access to a buffer now and will be getting it properly cleaned up very soon.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Thanks
      yeah I went to a couple different places and bought $20 worth of stuff then I happened to stop by an Advanced Autoparts and was talking to them about it and they gave me that. It worked perfectly and I returned the unecessary stuff.

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      To bad I am still not willing to go to the advance in my area very much. One of the employees insulted my intelligence. Then the manager got ticked off at me for chewing the guy out and making a bit of a scene. Wouldn't atleast acknowledge that his employee was not being courteous to customers until I admitted I was wrong. I did, and he gave a little but I'm still not happy with the results. Oh well, I will go back someday, just not this year. Lesson learned, save the screaming and swearing for the manager who defends worthless employees.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

What's wrong with my car? Bradt726's Avatar
      Thanks

Grill Mod

I did a little messing around today. This was the first, and only, thing I have done to my car so far. I found the how to in the forums. Pretty simple and I'm actually starting to see potential in the car. lol What do you guys think?

Name:  WP_000089.jpg
Views: 2359
Size:  97.0 KB

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Bradt726 View Post
      I did a little messing around today. This was the first, and only, thing I have done to my car so far. I found the how to in the forums. Pretty simple and I'm actually starting to see potential in the car. lol What do you guys think?
      Looks good. Think about doing something else to the front, though - it looks too plain now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast