•  

Thread: aveo oil

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

aveo oil

i have Aveo LS 1500 cc Korea made , i want to know the type of oil and quantity in liters to change its engine oil.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Should be 4 qts with filter change. Use 5w30.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      My 2009 says 4.8 qts

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      90% of 4cyl motors use 4 quarts, maybe 4.5 qts. 4.8 is way to much for just an oil change.

If your not sure and don't trust the answers you get here and online, either call a shop and ask them for amount of oil to replace when doing a change with filter.

orrrrr

empty your oil and replace your filter with a new one. add 4 quarts of oil. Check the dipstick. it should read about 1/2 to 1 full quart over. If it's higher than 1 quart over, let some out you have to much. (I recommend a clean container in case you need to re add)

Start the car and let it idle until the oil pressure light goes off. This should only take a few seconds. (if you car has an oil gauge wait for it to register an even oil pressure) When the light goes out check around the filter and drain plug for leaks. If one exists check for problems. (double gasket on the filter, make sure plug is tightened to specs) If no leak turn the car off.

Now wait a few seconds for the oil to settle and then check the dipstick again. it should read right at the full mark. (don't forget to wipe it off and dip it again, the second reading will be the correct one.) If it's low add a little at a time (1/4th of a quart usually) If it's over drain a little.

Find out how much total oil the car held at this point (just look at the bottles you have emtpy compared to what was full.)

You now know how much oil your car holds for an oil change. This process is very easy and 4 quarts is rarely not enough oil to atleast start your car, unless you are working with larger motors, such as big blocks and diesels. Many v8 motors take 5 quarts to be safe to start, I'm not sure about diesel, Just keep adding and checking the dip stick till it atleast reads full.

If you have a turbo motor, pour oil directly into the new filter before installing onto the vehicle, this usually takes 1 quart or less, and can be done to reduce guess work on non turbo motors aswell (the reason the dipstick reads high before vehicle start is because oil needs to be pushed into the filter)

That is a simple walk through for beginners that is just about fool proof. If you have any questions just send me an IM. If soemthing needs clarified let me know, I will Fix it.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      As I said My manual on my 2009 says 4.8 qts and does ok adding just under 5. Is there anybody else with an 09 that can confirm or deny my findings. thank you

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      that sounds right to me?

in fact last oil change i did, i think i did the 5 quarts deal, and with the oil filter etc, it too a little over 5 for it to read full on the stick.. (with spills of the first 5 quarts thank to my "helpers")

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      . . . ECOTECH motors?

http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.