•  

Thread: 09 aveo5 alarm install

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

09 aveo5 alarm install

Hi all, i wasnt sure where to post this as theres no electrical section,
      anyways, i've b in the process of upgrading some things inmy aveo.
      I got the 09 aveo 5 LS, as you now theres no P/W or P/L, or AC, i got this when cash for clunkers came out and just wanted to get rid off my clunker.
      I already installed 5 actuators for my P/L, 1 in each door, upgraded my door speakers to 6.5's, upgraded cd player, and now is time for starter or alarm if i cant figure out how to connect it.

I looked at the ign harnnes on the 09 aveo and is diff than other cars i have done in the past, this car has 20ga wire( others have 12ga) heres is what i found when i tested the wires
      Red with white - +12v constant
      Orange-Ignition
      light blue- ACC
      Red with black +12v when key is inserted,dies when on ACC, and 3.65V on Ign.
      brown with black seems to be a 5v wire than changes to 0 when the key is removed.

I did not find a starter wire on this. if anybody has done this, where do if tap to start the car?i looked at my cylinder and looks like i have to transponder, I also checked at walmart and when they tested my key they said theres no transponder.

I think i got everything covered, brake,door triggers, and 12v supply for but need help with the remote starter part. i know we have some pretty good here and im hoping somebody can help me on this, i have till thursday to start this, but the sooner the better.
      And when im done with this i do plan to post a how to . thanks

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: 09 aveo5 alarm install

thanks for the quick reply, but it looks like this only works for the 06 aveos. i got the 09, i included pics to show what my ignition harness looks like

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

5v is the chipped key immobolizer to the computer. the smaller wires allowed i believe is due to a different design starter relay? but cannot confirm as only a few of use are even tearing into the 09s..

i will be honest, what are you asking/looking for without the long explanation?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

haha, i wanna know how to get the starter to engage when remote starting and how to bypass the inmobilizer(which i dont believe i have) i didnt see black and yellow and white wires for passlock? other cars have the yello 12ga and when 12v is applied the sarter kicks in. or where can i find the 12ga wires ?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

The diagrams showing are for a 2006 and the 2009 models have different wireing. Click the link below for 2009 Aveo.

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/ve ... agrams.asp

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fljohnboy
      The diagrams showing are for a 2006 and the 2009 models have different wireing. Click the link below for 2009 Aveo.

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/ve ... agrams.asp
      So he said, but I'm still leaving them up there in case someone needs them. Maybe one of the admins could move them to their own thread?
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Did you figure out how to get the remote start working? I am getting ready to install my alarm and remote start in a 09 Aveo 5 but I don't know if i need to order a bypass. I called the dealer and they told me my car does not have a passive immobilizer but all the diagrams I find specify there is a passkey 3 system. Any help would be appreciated.