•  

Thread: Wheel Weight Style

Wheel Weight Style

Quick question for anyone that knows...

I have access to use a tire machine and wheel balancer anytime I need it, but the only catch is that I need to supply my own weights. I thought that would be simple (one style for steel wheels and one style for alloy). I went online today and found that there are many styles of weights.

What style of weight do I need for my stock 15" alloy wheels on my '06 Aveo?

Thanks all in advance!

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      typically alot of the manufacturers will have charts and specs for each. if anything, call and ask them!
      Designer/Fabricator
      Action RaceFab

I found two charts and of course they had conflicting data. After looking at the designs and the wheel I'm pretty sure they are the MC style weights. Hopefully they are because I ordered $30 of coated weights. If they are I will have a lifetime of the vehicle supply for the Aveo and if not, I will have a lifetime supply for the better half's S10.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Maverick
      I found two charts and of course they had conflicting data. After looking at the designs and the wheel I'm pretty sure they are the MC style weights. Hopefully they are because I ordered $30 of coated weights. If they are I will have a lifetime of the vehicle supply for the Aveo and if not, I will have a lifetime supply for the better half's S10.
      good luck!

Designer/Fabricator
      Action RaceFab