•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What other tires can I get at Costco for my 2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS Hatchback?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

What other tires can I get at Costco for my 2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS Hatchback?

I talked to Costco Tires on the phone and they said that they don't carry any tires for my car. I was wondering what other size tires at Costco can go on my car? My current size is 185/60R14. I could probably take it somewhere else but I really want to take my car to Costco. Thank you! PS: The reason I want to take my car to Costco is because they really affordable and since I'm paying for the membership, I might as well shop at the Tire store too! Another thing is when they are done putting the tires on the car, the reverse the car out of the installation bay while honking the horn. If you didn't know, I have a train horn and it would be really funny to see their reaction. Here's a video of my train horn.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

I found that they have these 175/65R14 tires available. But my current size is 185/60R14. Would these other tires work with my car?

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      For 14s that's expensive. U can get 185 60 14s for under $60. Shipping may be a boat load so check out west coast suppliers. If these r rollouts buy some Katrina, they decent n cheap

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Hawaii makes it tough to determine what pricing should be to be comparable for the rest of us.

BUT just because costco is cheap doesn't mean you want their cheap tires..

based on the price of 4 properly sized bfg g-force super sport tires installed from lex brodies is $507. Those cheap costco ones are 411 plus the $4 disposal, plus $14 (each?) install plus tax.. that comes to $450. IF you only pay $14 once.. if it is $14 per tire, then it is $492. So imho it is worth the extra $15 for the right size, better tires.

unless you were looking at the michelin snow tires.. in hawaii?!?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Pooh Man View Post
      For 14s that's expensive. U can get 185 60 14s for under $60. Shipping may be a boat load so check out west coast suppliers. If these r rollouts buy some Katrina, they decent n cheap

I just bought a set of 185/65r14 tires for a friends daily hyundai , guardsman from sears for $144 for a set of 4. they seem decent.

Thanks
      Pretty much any 14" tire they'll have in stock will fit our Aveos. Unless they stock the extreme 14's like the 28" Super Swamper TSL or a FAT Drag tire. I went from 215/60's, 215/70's and 225/60 to my current 27x8.50 BFG AT's. Any size combination of tire 25x8 or smaller will be fine. Larger than that will require very minor and easy adjustments.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tir...0r14-27-8.5r14
      Last edited by Lola; 05-04-2014 at 03:25 AM.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Green.Orange.Daniel View Post

PS: The reason I want to take my car to Costco is because they really affordable and since I'm paying for the membership, I might as well shop at the Tire store too! Another thing is when they are done putting the tires on the car, the reverse the car out of the installation bay while honking the horn. If you didn't know, I have a train horn and it would be really funny to see their reaction. Here's a video of my train horn.

This does not sound like a serious inquiry.

If you limit yourself exclusively to buying at Costco and they don't have your size tire, you already know what the outcome is.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post

If you limit yourself exclusively to buying at Costco and they don't have your size tire, you already know what the outcome is.
      Well I talked with the person from Costco on the phone yesterday and they told me they don't sell that size tire for my car. I went there in person today and they said they can get that size tire in BF Goodrich. I'm not sure why the person on the phone would tell me they can't get my tires. Lol I have to wait until Monday to place the order though.
      Last edited by Green.Orange.Daniel; 05-04-2014 at 03:45 AM.

Thanks
      The 27's are discontinued they now make 25.5x7.7's. Which would be very easy to adjust the very few spots they might rub. Switching to that tire was the best thing I ever did to the little Aveo. Those Bold White Letters... All the daily comments I get from guys saying how sweet those look haha ok, I'm done. Good luck with whatever you get.

www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T%2FA+KO&sidewall=Raised%20White%20Letters &partnum=975R4ARAKORWL&tab=Sizes

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post

Also. They might not have 185/60R14, the tire made for my car (They actually do have it though) but it is possible to put a tire they do have such as 175/65R14 but I wasn't sure if my car might run into problems such as it rubbing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast