•  
    Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tire Wear Question

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I've had my 04 hatch for about 3 years. In that time, I have done the following maintenance in addition to the regular oil changes and air filter changes:

- wheel bearings
      - front and rear brakes
      - serpentine belt
      - timing belt/water pump/thermostat housing
      - inner and outer tie rods
      - control arm/ball joint assembly
      - battery
      - spark plugs
      - both head lights (at different times)
      - top plate mounts
      - new summer tires
      - new winter tires

Will be changing the shocks/springs next. To be honest, every car I've ever owned has been a godforsaken money pit. Wouldn't bother me if I made a lot of money, but I don't. Having said all that, if you put things into perspective the Aveo is actually a great car for the price. It's "cheap". Nothing else can really compete with it other than the Accent or Rio in terms of price. I can easily get well 35mpg consistently and can fit a lot of **** in the little ****er. For a little econobox with a 1.6, I find the power band is nice compared to the equivalent Honda that needs to be revved to oblivion to move at all.

On a positive note, the car does not burn or leak a drop of anything. If you expect to have a car and put nothing into it, you're delusional.

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by byron84 View Post
      I can easily get well 35mpg consistently and can fit a lot of **** in the little ****er.
      Such a priceless quote...Doax...we need a new window sticker: "A lot of ****, little ****er: Chevy Aveo" Of course I am going to burn in hell for that one.....

When I moved out of Iowa back to NC, I had two bikes, a Qat, associated Qat ****, a lot of my own stuff and what every I could stuff in there for the 24 hour drive back. Yes Sir, my Chevy can carry a lot of ****.

Currently for the Aveo, I need to replace shocks. I want to do Rabbit's coil over shock conversion, but all my spare cash went into fixing up my truck. The only things I have done: Oil changes, Timing Belt, and spark plugs and a lot of tires in three years.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      OK i work in the tire buisness these cars 2009 and newer EAT TIRES. Its really bad and a joke you will get about 25k out of anytire.

And threadwear LOL its treadwear does not mean **** anymore you can not compare tires from two different companies with tread wear rating.

Sorry to burst yall's bubble but its the car not the tires.

I'll keep it and add a turbo Pontiac1976's Avatar
      Thanks
      The tread wear is mostly the telling you how soft the tire is. With most small tires & tire of to day there in the high 265's & 300'd that a close to running snow tires bye old tire specks. If cars are off a little you do not look after tires and your doing lots corners slow turns hard stops there going to wear faster harder compound tires, there made to help the not so good driver that does not know how drive/stop the car " & most of all Sell Tires " The people want better grip, faster stopping tires, higher cornering tires. This doestwo things help make people happy there listening, This all so lets most tires wear faster, WOW people need to buy tires. Front drive cars wear front tire faster in the front because they do more work then rear cars. So they can eat tires faster. Front Wheel Weight, Turning, Power, Stopping.
      Buy tire, try to find tires that work for you/your car how you drive, how much driving you do. THE tread wear it not a warranties it is a # of miles they did on a light test driving like grandmamma @ light driving easy driving that most people do not do! Comes back again SELL tires. Any time 35% of you get more then 1 year on tires your doing good, Winter tires if you get two seasons your doing good. Oh this is in the colder area.
      PONTIAC1976

PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car
      PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car

This new set up is Messed up! at CarDomain. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3101276

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I have a 2008 Aveo Hatch Special Value. 5 speed and I put air in her. Great car for the money. Can get it fixed anywhere in the country at any Chevy dealer. Mine has 88,000 and gets about 34 around town. I put new 60,000 mile tires on July 1st and 19,170 miles later they are at the wear bars. My dealer is very good (Fairway Ford in Canfield, Ohio). The tire guy said they have a 60,000 mile warranty and are prorated so I'll get all 4 new tires mounted balanced with road side assistance and pay $195 out the door. I am concerned they didn't last long but the dealer said their Fusions as well as these Aveos are "Hard on Tires". So that's the way it is. I spend more than $300 a year on my sport bike tires and get far less than 20K. I like the car, it does everything I want and is inexpensive to operate. Wardie

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      Such a priceless quote...Doax...we need a new window sticker: "A lot of ****, little ****er: Chevy Aveo" Of course I am going to burn in hell for that one.....

When I moved out of Iowa back to NC, I had two bikes, a Qat, associated Qat ****, a lot of my own stuff and what every I could stuff in there for the 24 hour drive back. Yes Sir, my Chevy can carry a lot of ****.

<snip>
      Done something similar going from Oklahoma to California. 22 hours, 36 MPG and a little car stuffed with more than you would think is possible.

Name:  StuffedAveo(1).jpg
Views: 371
Size:  286.6 KB
      Name:  StuffedAveo(2).jpg
Views: 364
Size:  293.3 KB
      Name:  StuffedAveo(3).jpg
Views: 351
Size:  295.6 KB
      Name:  StuffedAveo(4).jpg
Views: 365
Size:  286.6 KB