•  

Thread: Sway Bar Bushes

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Sway Bar Bushes

Just realised I've been posting in wrong section so apologies for repeating myself

Hoping someone knows what sway bar bushes are on my car!!! The sway bar bushes on my car (2013 Aveo 1.2) are not the ones listed for it. My bushes are twice the size, have a hard plastic base, split at the bottom, have two ribs as opposed to one central rib, and have an oval hole to accept the bar rather than a round one. Though my bar is round. The listed bush doesn't come close to closing around my sway bar and wouldn't come close to meeting the bracket when in place.

The auto parts store has checked and double checked their databases to find it, but there's no other sway bar bush listed for my car.

Hoping someone can help as I started with the bush that was sound before realising the new bushes weren't right, and after hours of trying to force the bracket back over the old bush I ended up having to take a hacksaw to the sides of the hard plastic base in order to get the bracket back on. So now I have two dodgy bushes!!!

Thanks
      If a parts store can't get them, you may have to make a trip to the dealer.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Finally solved this mystery. Some Aveo t300's come with a sway bar/bush set up that comes as one unit. You can't buy the bushes separately, and it seems it's only available through Chevrolet. So for some changing bushes is an inexpensive DIY job (bushes costing 99p each). For others like me Chevrolet are looking nearly £330 for the sway bar and bushes. So even if like me you're doing it yourself it's far from cheap. After the trouble I had removing and then having to refit the old bush I assume the bushes come attached to the sway bar and aren't designed to be removed, never mind removed then refitted.

I'm going to go down the universal sway bar bush route. Powerflex have said if I send pictures and measurements they'll try to match them up with something. There's another couple of universal routes I can also try. Certainly has to be cheaper than £330

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BelfastJohn For This Useful Post:

Daox (06-04-2018)