Topic: Installing Front Springs (Read 72 times)
mxgramps
Idle User

Installing Front Springs
« Thread Started on Jul 26, 2006, 9:15am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question for anyone who has taken the front struts off. Do they come off without removing the whole front hub? The service manual says to break the hub loose from the ball joint and tie rod end. It looks like the strut should come off without all of that hassle. Thanks
Link to Post - Back to Top 69.213.157.162

AveoSam
Administrator

Rice Cooker
member is online

Rev-X

Re: Installing Front Springs
« Reply #1 on Jul 26, 2006, 10:53am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
alright well i just did mine the other day and all we did was loosen the two bolts attaching the strut to the hub and another bolt attaching the swaybar endlink to the strut....after this was dont the hub assembly dropped down and out of the way...then just undo the very top bolt and the strut and spring will just fall out..so be prepared to catch
Link to Post - Back to Top 205.188.116.65

CHECK OUT MY AVEO
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2224437

mxgramps
Idle User

Re: Installing Front Springs
« Reply #2 on Jul 26, 2006, 2:42pm »

Thanks Sam, I had a feeling that the factory was making this a bigger project than it is.