•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diamond steelies fitment?

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Diamond steelies fitment?

I was leaning towards the OEM look with stock aveo alloys or my cobalt 5 stars with wheel spacers, but I want something different now. I cant get the enkei apaches I want cuz they wont b there when I wake up( see garage if u cant figure it out). So I was thinking 15x6 or 15x7 Diamond steelies with 1 of 3 possible tire combos, 205 50; 195 50; 195 45. As for fitment I know a few of u r very good at this. I have H&Rs and don't really want to modify/roll fenders , I would like for the rims to be flush or hang out about an inch, would 15x7s, +25 offset work , and with what backspace?? ALL INTELLIGENT RESPONSES APPRECIATED, Im a lil confused on this one, help me out...

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      how do you feel about staggered or spacers?

I forget how low standard h&r's actually drop so the 195/50 is probably good enough, but I ran a 195/45 if you want the rims flush you cant put a balloon tire like a 205 on..

the wheels, I would say, a 15x7 at about 30mm would be safe for turns, 25 would be good for that flush fit but you will need to watch the tires it would be fine with the 195/45 i think.. I ran a 35 offset with that tire but my height was much lower so another 10mm out with an inch or so up would be fine imho.

Thanks
      The H&Rs drop an inch and a quarter up front and an inch in the rear. By staggered are u saying a smaller width up front, like a 15x6, and 15x7 in the rear? Im not opposed to anything in particular I just like that deep look of the rims. If they don't give me the wide look I can run spacers later, correct? I really don't want to rub on turns, so if I had to modify the fenders after my purchase, I would have no choice.

Thanks
      I think Im going to go with 15x6 up front with a 195 45 up front and a 15x7 out back with a 205 50, both with 25 offsets. I could add a spacer if Im not happy, or some cheap universal fender flares if the gap is too big. I ll post a pic or 2 in a month or so. Or I ll complain if something isn't right...wish me luck. Rabbit-thanx for a push in the right direction.

Thanks
      HOLY S****! I will not be ordering the steelies, I am afraid any attempt to gain power on my aveo will be negated by the 22lbs+ wheel weight. I love the look but this cruiser is about balance, so I went with a black mesh with silver lip;15x7 with=20 up front and 15x8 with +15 out back. Time for a 2 way alarm and theft deterrent projectile propeller to ease my mind. My toyos are out of stock till April, so I will keep any curious folks up to date on fitment issues, or lack there of. Thanks for replying Rabbit I feel like there is a war going on in my head, at least someone heard me...this time...

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      -20 as in negative 20? thats gonna stick out a lot..

Thanks
      My bad, the rims are 15x7+20 & 15x8 +15. The fronts will have a 195 45 and the rear I was thinking a 205 50, but Im not sure if the 205 width will be good enough. I saw an old thread where an aveo had 15x8 with a 0 offset, and he had a lot of gap in his fender well, so I may be able to pull it off, if not I found a guy who fender rolls for $50. Do u have a recommendation on a rear tire size? brand? My front tires wont be arriving till the first week of May, so I got time to play with the rears...

Still love my daily driver classic67's Avatar
      Thanks
      Hey poo I did a write up on this subject a while back. Here is the link, the first site will show you combinations of wheels and tires stretched if needed. The second is where you put your stock wheel and tire setup in and the setup you want and it will show you how far it will poke and raise or lower the car. Hope it helps.

http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f94/t...culator-14786/

Thanks
      I will be plugging in shortly, thanks for ur opinions and comments. This is perhaps my weakest area of automotive knowledge, but I probably will put over 20 of online time trying to learn and shop, without the forum here Id be clueless. It was a great place to start.

Thanks
      front will be 7.3mm away from the strut, and poke 32mm, the rear will be 0.4 closer and poke is 50.4mm. This appears to be what I am looking for, but I know both of u guys run really wide out back. Did u just bend up the inner lip on the rear quarter, roll it? pull it with the phonebook/ bat method? I am asking because the rear bumper is at 11 o'clock , so if need be I would only roll about 11 to 2 o'clock

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast