•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creaking Noise

Thanks

Creaking Noise

I hear a creaking noise coming from the front end when I make left or right hand turns. I notice it more when braking around sharp turns as well. Any idea where the noise is coming from?
      Thanks for any response.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Hey there cmm4712,

I'm sorry to hear that you experience creaking noises while making turns in your vehicle. I cannot guarantee anything, but I will be glad to look further into this for you. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN, current mileage, dealership name, and full contact information if we can be of any assistance. Thank you.

Kristen A.
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I had this same problem twice now. Last year, my local dealership took three or four attempts to fix it. They replaced my tie rods, ball joints, control arms and eventually the entire sub frame to the front end (they said I was lucky it didn't cause an accident). I was without my car for close to a month while they tried to figure this all out over the course of two months.

It has been eleven months and I am having it happen again. This issue ruined a pair a tires and the wheel shakes like crazy around 40mph and up. The car pulls to the rights and I get that creaking noise as well when I turn and sometimes around corners.

I am afraid that my dealership is going to take forever and cost me another small fortune into the front end of this car. I am going to them today to have a serious conversation about repairing it because I am moving in two months. I do not have time for them to be lazy about it like they were last year.

Please, I need any help or recommendations about this. I am moving about a thousand miles away and will have my daughter in the car. I cannot afford to have this problem now and anything I can tell the dealership to speed it up would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it is a 2008 Aveo5 with just under 39,000 miles. I am new to this forum (been creeping it forever), so it slipped my mind. sorry.
      Last edited by tjlaroc; 06-09-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      How in the world could an '08 with less than 39K miles have needed even close to that amount of work (hint: it didn't). You were taken for a major ride by this stealership, and IMO you'll be taken for another one if you go back to this outfit again. Find a good independent shop that specializes in front-end work, and let them try to fix whatever this bunch of criminals messed up. Not telling you it's going to be inexpensive, but at least there's a real good chance it will be done right this time.

Thanks
      I'm leaning that way. All the parts are under warrenty still, so I am having them check it out again. I just talked to the head of the service department. After this, I'll be dealing with the owner. I love this little hatchback and gope they take it seriously. If not, I'll be vocal about this shop locally and through our district attorney. Then I'll hit a different shop. I only have two months to get this done or I have to trash the car if it isn't safe to drive.

Thanks
      They showed me all the parts. The front end was pretty messed up. I thought it was the previous owner until last week.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by tjlaroc View Post
      ... my local dealership took three or four attempts to fix it. ....
      To me that makes them part-hangers, not mechanics. Suspension/steering isn't like a misfire, where 20-30 different sensors, other parts, and wiring can be the cause, and even the pros can get stumped sometimes. A professional, experienced front-end guy will usually always diagnose correctly the first time. And if something still isn't right after the repair, he will pick that up during the test drive. A real pro won't let the vehicle go until it's fixed correctly. Find someone who knows what the heck they're doing and get the job done right.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Suspension "creaks" can be harder to find because you can't look under the car while driving, and you can't replicate the problem in the shop. IF a component is creaking, it does not necessarily show any signs of wear. Typically people who are good at finding a particular creak in a particular car had to find it in the same make and model before (design flaw) and the repair becomes the same throughout.

that said, the creak is probably the sway bar bushings on the k frame.

Thanks
      I get that the creak can be hard to find, but the sterring wheel shaking worries me more. New tires and an alignment made no difference to it.

I live in the middle of no where. I can't find anyone who knows anything aboit the aveo up here outside of my local dealership. I'm over three hours north of Syracuse.

The timing sucks more than the problen with us moving out of state. I didn't expect car issues on top of everything else. That's why I figured I would ask on here.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks
      I have to agree you have a harder time finding someone up there. But all vehicles eventually get some suspension/steering problems, so someone in your area is doing this work. And modern steering/suspension systems are very similar across different vehicles, which makes it much less of an "Aveo" thing, than something like a timing belt would be. So I would guess that any shop that does significant front-end work would have done at least a few Aveos along the way. But if you really can't find anyone in your area, how far is Montreal? There have been quite a few Canadians posting here, so it's likely that most shops up there are familiar with it as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast