•  
    Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Coilovers (crosspost)

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I agree. Dropping it a bit would make it look better but I have kind of a unique situation. My aveo is electric and has over 1000lbs of batteries in it. The stock suspension is not up to the task. I figure the coilovers would get me back to stock height and give me more spring choices to get the ride back to at least a stock feel.

So other than the spindle grinding the VW coilovers are a bolt on deal? Am I understanding that right?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      yes, but you will also need to do the end links (no provision on the vw struts), which i make a kit for.

I could work with you to design something that would work at factory ride height..

1000lbs of batteries located where? if all in the engine compartment, can you tell me how much the electric motor etc (total package) adds to the original weight?

Thanks
      That makes sense about the end links. I was unsure if the the end links were because everyone was lowering or because of the vw coil overs. I would probably install the coil overs, figure out the ride height and then fab some end links myself. Thanks for the design offer though.

The batteries are located throughout the car. There is about 240lbs of batt under the hood plus the 160lb motor. 300lbs under the rear seats and then about 800 more in the back hatch. The rear coil springs were custom made for the extra weight so the coil over spring may not be needed or just as a helper in back. The front is probably close to the original weight due to the fact that it lost the motor, cooling system, lines, hoses, intake exhaust etc. Its a tank for sure. I am picking up on this car where someone left off so I dont know all of the original weight of everything removed. I do know its over max GVWR so I am planning to upgrade the suspension brakes and stiffen the chassis for sure. Being electric it sees mostly city use not high speed so its not quite as terrifying as it sounds.

Thanks

Lowering Kit

Sorry to jump in, but I have a 2005 Chevy Aveo and I want to lower it. I seen that you guys used the mk2/mk3 lowering kit. Will it right in? How much can I get one, and what is the best one I can get?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      the steps for installing it are in the first posts.. thats all you need to do.

you need an endlink kit, and the vw coilovers. best you can get is kw, h&r, bilstien, etc. but they are @ $2000.
      The rokkor and racelands work well and are @ $300. So it is a cheap solution for a good ride..

Depending on how low you want to go, (i'm very low) you will want mk1 rear coilovers, but you will probably not want to go that low.

Thanks
      ohh okay, got it. Where can I buy an end link kit for the coilovers?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      I sell them, and hunteroooooooooooo has a kit for sell (that he bought off me).

Thanks
      How much are you selling the kit for?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      the endlink kit is $125 shipped. you will still need coil overs

Thanks
      So I will be paying $125 for the end link + around $350 for the the coilovers correct?

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast