•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: camber adjustment

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

camber adjustment

Have any of you guys that are lowered needed to adjust your camber at all? are there kits for that? have you noticed tire wear?

Also, what about driveshat angle? any increase in wheelhop/problems with the driveshaft?

I just got an 08 LT sedan and would like to lower it, but I want to make sure I do it right.

Thanks for the help and thanks for this site.

NEO

There was a time when people used to ask me at a stoplight "how much HP you pushing?".....with $4/gallon looming, they now ask "what kinda mileage you get?". I don't know if I should cry or laugh.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Re: camber adjustment

I installed the H&R springs last summer and haven't noticed any changes in driveability or tirewear.

I ran the stock wheel and tire combination (15" aluminum wheels with Hankook Optima H418 P185/55R-15) for the winter, and just swapped to the "summer wheel and tire" combo (Konig Britelites 16x7 wrapped with Kumho ECSTA ASX 205/45/16) today. The car drove smooth and straight all day.
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Thanks

Ron,

Thanks for the info. How much do the H&R's lower the car. I'm thinking of doing the Eibach pro kit because I don't want to lower it that much. Truth be told, I'm just looking to be able to corner and maneuver better. Also, any utility in going to the KYB shocks/struts now. I know they only have the OEM replacements and mine are brand new. I might just wait until they wear out.

NEO
      There was a time when people used to ask me at a stoplight "how much HP you pushing?".....with $4/gallon looming, they now ask "what kinda mileage you get?". I don't know if I should cry or laugh.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

id say do the shocks the same time u do the springs, may as well do everything at once. plus ur stockers will wear out after a bit anyways.

just going off experience. and there is a how to on here that can save u about 300$ if u follow it correctly. id advise that u do.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks

PS - I just noticed you're from Rochester. That's cool, I'm originallyfrom Buffalo. I've been out that way numerous times....Man I love Garbage Plates.

NEO

Thanks

appreciate the advice mike, but I guess my question is whether the KYB's offer any performance advantage over the stockers or if they are truly OE specs and will thus behave and wear like the stockers. If the latter is the case, I'll save the money and just do them at a later date. However, if they offer superior performance and durability, that may sway me to do them at the same time.

NEO

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

dont quote me but, i heard that the kybs have a different spring rate that matches aftermarket spring more closely. not sure exactly, but, people who do springs without the rear shocks usually complain that the shocks wear out soon afterwards. then they put the kybs in and they are fine. i did mine at the same time, just to save me the headache of having to tear into the rear again, and they are fairly cheap. 40$ a side and they definetly offer superior durability over the stockers. so my reccomendation is just do it to avoid any future complications down the road.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

stocks are made for stock height, when you buckle them down with lowering springs they wear a lot quicker, and as mike stated, you might as well do it right the first time. I'm sure KYB's are good though you might want to check with other lowered vehicles on here first. As for the drop I think its 1.5" in front and 1.4" in rear for H&R

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neogenesis
      Ron,

Thanks for the info. How much do the H&R's lower the car. I'm thinking of doing the Eibach pro kit because I don't want to lower it that much. Truth be told, I'm just looking to be able to corner and maneuver better. Also, any utility in going to the KYB shocks/struts now. I know they only have the OEM replacements and mine are brand new. I might just wait until they wear out.

NEO
      It's my understanding the H&R's don't lower the car as much as the Eibach's do. I like the way my car sits, handles, and rides with the H&R's. I've also heard the Eibach springs offer a much stiffer ride, maybe someone with them can comment.

As far as the KYB shocks go, spend the $50 or so (I got mine for $25@ + ship.) and change them out when you do the springs, save yourself the hassle of having to do it later.

Garbage plates rule..LOL
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Thanks

Thanks for the info folks. I'll probably do the KYB's at the same time, I was just curious because according to Eibach, the Pro-Kits are designed to work with the stock shocks/sturts that are on the car. It's only when you go to the proline series that you absolutely need to change shocks/struts.....again according to Eibach.

Now I just have to save up some money and clear it with the wife ....that might be harder than changing these things out blidnfolded with no tools.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast