•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best tires for 15" rims

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Best tires for 15" rims

ok, I got the 15" rims for my aveo tire size is 185/55/15 prob is they only last 30,000 miles before needing replacement. anyone know of a good brand of tire that will last longer than 30k? also thinking of going to 195/65/15's what would be the benefits and drawbacks of that move? will it help or hurt my fuel economy? thanx in advance for your help

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Re: Best tires for 15" rims

Try 205/50/15's. You will get similar mileage but the handling is significantly better. You will also get better miles out of the tire. I ran Kumho Ecsta SPT's for about 40k which is good considering my stock tires were done at about 15k. Currently I have BFG something.. can't think of the name, you can search my recent posts. They are pretty grippy, but they are the all season version of the tires and get loud when pushed... too loud, I would not purchase them again.

Also, check www.tirerack.com and read the reviews.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luv2uallday
      ok, I got the 15" rims for my aveo tire size is 185/55/15 prob is they only last 30,000 miles before needing replacement. anyone know of a good brand of tire that will last longer than 30k? also thinking of going to 195/65/15's what would be the benefits and drawbacks of that move? will it help or hurt my fuel economy? thanx in advance for your help
      195/65 is too big, will hurt braking and speedometer will be off.

Any tire will last longer than 30k. The ones that came on the car are really cheap. Cheaper than Wal-Mart cheap.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog
      Quote Originally Posted by luv2uallday
      195/65 is too big, will hurt braking and speedometer will be off.

Any tire will last longer than 30k. The ones that came on the car are really cheap. Cheaper than Wal-Mart cheap.
      im not sure how cheap hankooks optimo 418's are but these tires are priced at 85 dollars not including installation they are v rated performance tires. they do pretty good in traction in rain and turns but their tread life sux due to having soft tread. It totally sux that the LT package would have performance rare size tires as OEM tires I spend about 500 dollars every 30k for tires if i knew this i would of bought a honda fit. I'M gonna try the 205/50/15 size see how it goes. the price is the same but the life span hopefully will make up for it. I guess you can call the aveo a tire eating machine never had a car that went through tires like this unless there was something wrong. Bad design? or is it a conspiracy to make you buy more tires? lol
      thank you all for your help

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

i love my kumho tires, they are cheap too for 15's, mine cost me 350 for 4 tires

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

I run 205/40/R17 Bridgestone Potenza Grids. They are awesome all-weather tires. I've been running Cooper Zeon ZPT's this summer though. They are a good performance tire, that seem to be wearing good so far.
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

the proper performance up sized oem 15 should be a 195/50r15. a 205 will probably work perfectly fine since everyone is running those in a 17, but it might rub somewhere depending on rim, so check your clearance to the strut, the wheel well liner etc..

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

i think 17''s looks too big on an aveo.........................i might lift mine up and get some 22''s :P

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

You would look like every G.I. in my town. Craigslist up here is full of brand new accords and full size chevys and explorers all with 22's. Even the accord!!! that is redonculous!
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Thanks

Hi I have 15" rims on my 09 aveo, and I did a lot of search before getting my tires, most of people install 195/50, this gives you larges tires size so more stability and also keeps the same size of the original tires, cause as you know when you go up in rims size you must go down on tire's high wich here is 50, and I'm using it for servel monthes and it's very good, no performance lost at all, and more stability.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast