•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airride setup info?

I hear that

Any updates on the availabilty of the kit bro? Keep me posted.

Lemme look... there is a Lanos kit out there, so there is bound to be an Aveo one

Hmmm... the source for Daewoo bag sets doesn't have an Aveo (or Kalos) lsited.

I wonder if you could use the Lanos kit. The movement sould be the same and the rates would be the same. I would expect the mountings to be pretty similar too...

Hmmm....

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      They are similar, but not the same. Would take a little work to make a Lanos kit fit.

If I ever hear back from AIM/ChassisTech I will continue to pursue getting this worked on.

I also think on next Monday I'm gonna stop by and talk to my friend Nick, the owner of K-Sport suspension. Se if there is something he can do for us by way of a coilover setup (32 pt adjustable and height adjustable, plus different optional spring rates for the intense tuner.)

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven
      They are similar, but not the same. Would take a little work to make a Lanos kit fit.

If I ever hear back from AIM/ChassisTech I will continue to pursue getting this worked on.

I also think on next Monday I'm gonna stop by and talk to my friend Nick, the owner of K-Sport suspension. Se if there is something he can do for us by way of a coilover setup (32 pt adjustable and height adjustable, plus different optional spring rates for the intense tuner.)
      I <3 coilovers
      2006 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback - getting sold soon
      1996 Dodge Grand Caravan - The daily mommy shuttle
      1998 Lexus SC400
      1988 Toyota Supra - fully built JDM 7MGTE T40 Turbo

Someone post a pick of the front and rear suspension please....

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      the fit has the same suspension setup as us and i see them only run coilovers in the front and springs with shocks in the back because the spring is not around the shock just like us...just thought id point that out because someone mentioned how we would get coilovers to work before

Coilovers are nice, but wouldn't help me with my current project. I want the ability to dog leg and layout at Hot Import Nights. I am already less than 3" from the front bumper to the pavement on my current suspension so being low is not my issue. I can do what I did with my Z and design a custom air ride set up, but just wanted to see if their were any other options before I went that route again...... Thanks guys for your interest in helping me, if you come across anything please let me know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno
      Quote Originally Posted by AdamHatchback
      I personally would not recommend air ride and boost simply because most airride systems are not meant to handle high speeds... I have installed many systems and have seen many attemp it, but the air suspension just doesn't achieve the handling characteristics of say coilovers and high performance struts. Just don't want to see you get disappointed.
      A very good point. As I have mentioned I Auto cross race my Aveo. I have gone as far as having THREE wheels off the ground at one time. I have that corrected with lowering the car but FOR SURE air ride would put me on my lid quickly. Any lowering spring is pretty good, the problem we are all having is getting performance struts. KYB have performance gas rear shocks but no struts yet. Having just lowered my Cavalier and put in KYB struts I can tell you that the struts and shocks are the reason we do not get a real secure ride with the Aveo.
      you guys seem to think air ride suspension is for looks only, but that is NOT true.

look at [url] http://www.praxissystems.com/installation/faq.html [url]

A PROPERLY DESIGNED AIRRIDE SYSTEM WILL HANDLE AS WELL IF NOT BETTER THEN MOST SHOCK/STRUT/SPRING COMBOS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast