•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airride setup info?

Airride setup info?

Just wondering if anyone has any info on the Easystreet airride setup or if any other companies offer any other airride options I could go with? Thanks for any info you might have.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I'm looking into doing airride suspension as well.
      2006 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback - getting sold soon
      1996 Dodge Grand Caravan - The daily mommy shuttle
      1998 Lexus SC400
      1988 Toyota Supra - fully built JDM 7MGTE T40 Turbo

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Well guess what, I talked with my friend at Easy Street a year ago about the Air Ride Aveo they built...well Its a One-off deal.

They scrapped the idea of making it a production piece. (car is for sale on Ebay right now)

I do live near a company called Chassis Tech that makes Air suspension systems, and am currently working with getting a kit prototyped for the Aveo. If I had a few others that were truly interested, let me know. A full bolt on kit will run around $1200, but that includes everything you need to simply bolt-on and go. That means lines, valves, tank, compressor, bags (for rear), airstruts for front, etc...Complete. I'll even be supervising the kit so it fits for the Aveo cleanly and without any excess stuff. I might even get them to use the Pancake Tank style tank that will fit snugly in our spare tire well.

So I gotta know... you guys in it for QUICK air ride, SMOoTH driving air ride, or LEVEL Driving air? I ask because these each use a different style setup. They also have options like a touchscreen controller (uses a Windows OS so you can even use Wi-Fi and check email!) and several other options. Check out AirbagIt.com

Pancake Tank

I am interested in laying a low as possible and raising as high as possible with the best possible ride I can achieve after doing this. I am also interested in the digital setup. Let me know bro because I would like to get this going. I have a lot of fiberglassing to finish this winter and the sooner I have all the componets the sooner I can finish the design the rear seat delete.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I want a smooth ride that I can drive my boosted car on.
      2006 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback - getting sold soon
      1996 Dodge Grand Caravan - The daily mommy shuttle
      1998 Lexus SC400
      1988 Toyota Supra - fully built JDM 7MGTE T40 Turbo

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Will do... Not sure on price yet, so don't quote me, but I'll work on it.

I personally would not recommend airride and boost simply because most airride systems are not meant to handle high speeds... I have installed many systems and have seen many attemp it, but the air suspension just doesn't achieve the handling characteristics of say coilovers and high performance struts. Just don't want to see you get disappointed.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      yea, air rides are just for looks not performance gain there

Quote Originally Posted by AdamHatchback
      I personally would not recommend air ride and boost simply because most airride systems are not meant to handle high speeds... I have installed many systems and have seen many attemp it, but the air suspension just doesn't achieve the handling characteristics of say coilovers and high performance struts. Just don't want to see you get disappointed.
      A very good point. As I have mentioned I Auto cross race my Aveo. I have gone as far as having THREE wheels off the ground at one time. I have that corrected with lowering the car but FOR SURE air ride would put me on my lid quickly. Any lowering spring is pretty good, the problem we are all having is getting performance struts. KYB have performance gas rear shocks but no struts yet. Having just lowered my Cavalier and put in KYB struts I can tell you that the struts and shocks are the reason we do not get a real secure ride with the Aveo.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      yea the stock struts and shocks are complete ****

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast