•  

Thread: 18"Rims

18"Rims

Can I put 18" ADR Phantoms rims with 215-35-18 tires on my 06 Aveo without having to modify the suspention...etc????? will the tires rub????

Please advise, thanks

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

This does not help me bro

Thanks
      try the right section... this was for debating wether to tell you they will work and have to see another aveo like that .....but anyways they should fit..i run 17's with 205-40-17's and a 1.5" drop without rubbing...the offset effects if they rub too

You think 18" will not look good?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      06aveo - it's what you want that matters....18's are more for show...and 16's are more for performance...so what do u want..show or go?

Try to post in the right section next time.
      2006 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback - getting sold soon
      1996 Dodge Grand Caravan - The daily mommy shuttle
      1998 Lexus SC400
      1988 Toyota Supra - fully built JDM 7MGTE T40 Turbo

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 06aveo
      You think 18" will not look good?
      honestly no because because for one, the aveo already rides high so putting bigger wheels will only make it higher and less stable plus the fact that it will be hard to get lowering springs to fit with those bigs wheels...if your into looks and big size 17's are a good compromise because you will raise the height less and also be able to use lowering springs...the absolute best way to go is some lightweight 16x7's..they wont hurt performance, cheaper, easy to find (alot of honda's run this size), with the right tire size (215/40 or 205/45) you can get basically the same overall diameter wheel so no raising the height, therefore making your ride even lower with lowering springs......

....on a side note i have 17x7's and wish i had gone with 16x7's but now my wheels are so messed up they arent worth anything to get money for new 16's

18" rims will fit. I had them on mine with Apex springs with falken 215/35/18's and driving was fine but the fuel mileage and perfomance did suffer so i sold them on ebay and got black 17's. The only time they would rub is if you were taking a corner very hard and then hit a dipty do in the middle of the turn. Then they would rub a little. If you don't plan to kick ass and get good fuel mileage then for looks there hard to beat.