•  

Thread: 15" Replacement Sizes

15" Replacement Sizes

First off, this is my first post at the new site. I'm glad to see a site for the Aveo is still living. A little background, I live in Montana and do a lot of highway/interstate driving. The RPM's isn't back around 70mph (the 2 lane speed limit) but once I get up to 75-80 on the interstate the engine is reving a little high for my liking. In addition to highway driving, I do a lot of driving on bumpy gravel roads as well. Due to this, I'm not a fan of super low profile tires. I don't drive my Aveo too aggressively (I have another car for that).

I'm going to be needing new tires for my '06 LT Sedan soon. The stock tire size is 185/55/15. I was planning on going up to 195/55/15 for a wider tire, reduce highway RPM's a little, and to get my speedo a little more correct (it's reading about 4% too fast right now). I've found that there is a better selection of tires for cheaper in the 195/60/15 size. I'm not too concerned about the 60 series having higher profiles since I don't push the handling limits.

Will 195/60/15 be too much sidewall for the Aveo? Can I use it without fear of rubbing or should I stick to my original plan of 195/55/15? I'm also curious, what is the biggest 15" tire that will fit the Aveo without rubbing?

Thanks!

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      holy height rise lol 195/60/15 will be too much, considering the 195 already adds to the sidewall height. i say stick with 195/55/15

Thanks for the quick reply Sam. I'll probably just go with the 195/55/15 when the time comes.

Next question: What all-season tire do you guys like in this size? I'm looking for something that has good traction in snow/gravel and that is long lasting.

Thanks again!

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      All season with good snow traction doesn't exist.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Good point, that was a dumb question of mine, I knew that...

Let me rephrase that,
      Does anyone know of a good all-season tire that has decent snow/gravel traction?

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      A good M+S tire with an aggressive thread pattern, but without the snowflake on a mountain logo...
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      I have 195/60/14 and nowhere near rubbing. Stock is 185/60/14