•  

Thread: Sunpro gauge installation. Parts list?

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Sunpro gauge installation. Parts list?

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of installing the Sunpro 1.5" gauge kit (temperature/voltmeter/oil pressure), and I could use a few pointers. A friend helped me drill holes in the center panel and relocate the hazard button, and now it's time to make the connections under the hood. I've never done this before, and I understand I'll need a tee adapter to get the pressure sender into the block. The thing is, I want to use the temperature gauge to read the oil temperature, not the coolant. Is it possible to have both an oil temperature gauge and an oil pressure gauge? What parts am I going to need for this? Is there a good place to feed everything through the firewall? Any help would be appreciated, and I'll certainly post pictures of the results. Thanks!

Toby

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: Sunpro gauge installation. Parts list?

saw you post dont worry let me see what i come up with i too am in process of ditching the clock in center counsil up by windshield for gauges. give me another day
      AVEO... GREAT ECONOMY... CHEAP PERFORMANCE... EQUALS ONE FAST AVEO

ALSO CHECK OUT MY AVEO http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/p...veo/My%20aveo/

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz1986
      Hey guys,

I'm in the process of installing the Sunpro 1.5" gauge kit (temperature/voltmeter/oil pressure), and I could use a few pointers. A friend helped me drill holes in the center panel and relocate the hazard button, and now it's time to make the connections under the hood. I've never done this before, and I understand I'll need a tee adapter to get the pressure sender into the block. The thing is, I want to use the temperature gauge to read the oil temperature, not the coolant. Is it possible to have both an oil temperature gauge and an oil pressure gauge? What parts am I going to need for this? Is there a good place to feed everything through the firewall? Any help would be appreciated, and I'll certainly post pictures of the results. Thanks!

Toby
      For the temperature sensor, just put it on the oil pan where it would be immersed in oil. As far as running everything through the firewall, there is a big grommet in the back of the center console, near the floor. Not hard to find, is dead smack in the middle.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

how did it come out? post pics

Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!