•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Passenger Airbag

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Passenger Airbag

why can't we go back to the days when you had to manually turn it off. No one could mess that up. No passenger, turn the thing off. lol

2008 Chevy Aveo LT

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

take it in to the dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after taking it in for 3 times thay all said cant duplicate the problem at this time. turns out the air bag brain was not working from day one
      Romans10:13 (KJV) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KamiQuazi
      why can't we go back to the days when you had to manually turn it off. No one could mess that up. No passenger, turn the thing off. lol
      Simple answer: People are stupid.
      One person may be smart, but people as a whole are idiots. It only takes one person to accidentally leave the key switch off and have someone do a windshield dive to make it to where manually controlled airbags are no longer standard. If the system is controlled by people, it is not idiot proof, and unless they can make common sense a standard option when someone buys a car, they can't chance it. In the end, someone will sue the company for their own stupidity. If it was manual, the first time the idiot (noted above) lets his or her buddy or family member take a windshield dive, Chevy gets sued for not having the airbags automatic.
      It is a no-win situation for GM, so for them, it is better to have it automatic, even though it may be an annoyance, because it clears them of any liability for stupid people's mistakes.
      Having the lights on all the time, is another liability issue for GM. If the system is not working peoperly, the lights tell you. If one does not heed the signs, again, GM is cleared of liability.
      Twisted, turned, mixed up, mis-understood, and sometimes, mis-represented, I know. But it is all about covering thy own arse.
      Think of it this way, if someone can sue McDonalds for not having "Caution-HOT" notices on their hot coffee, the tire company for a blow out, the car company for the bumpy ride, and make millions of dollars off of it (not touching the "mental pain and anguish of a coffee burn"). They can, and will sue for anything, and if you think someone is not looking to take a chunk out of the GM lawsuit fund, may want to re-read the common judgements for the last couple years under "frivolous lawsuits" (did I spell that right?).
      4 wheels, 4 doors, 4 cylinders, 8 speakers, and 1 loose nut on the steering wheel driving the car!
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3078012

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

damn gene, you rock!! isnt coffee supposed to be hot, and arent the passenger airbags designed to save passengers? why would anyone manually turn them off, and if it wasnt working i hope people would have enough common sense to make sure that they get it fixed? i wouldnt want my insurance company or someones lawyers coming after me because they found out that i had manually shut down the passenger airbag, or that i had a problem with plenty of opportunity to get it fixed and didnt.
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Both times I have taken it to the dealer, they say they can't recreate the problem. I can "recreate" the problem all the time. They checked the computer but found nothing out of place.
      2008 Chevy Aveo LT

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

i sent u a pm. let me know
      Romans10:13 (KJV) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

**UPDATE**
      Once again my 08 Aveo is in the shop for a repair to the airbag system. They saw the problem and ran the codes, which came back to a bad sensor in the seat. Parts should be in by next Thursday and installed the same day. I cross my fingers this fixes it and if not back to the dealership for round 3.
      I'll keep you all updated on the issue and how its resolved.
      Thank you ruby for the help and ideas for fixing this issue.

KamiQuazi
      2008 Chevy Aveo LT

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

The lower portion of the passenger side seat in at the dealership and hopefully will be installed tomorrow. I do hope this fixes my problems but I doubt it will. Something about reading a code from the computer especially when the airbag light didn't come on. In my mind, that doesn't sound creditable. Only time will tell.
      -KamiQuazi
      2008 Chevy Aveo LT

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Yes... My 2004 does not have a passenger seat sensor or a switch to disable the passenger air bag... Not sure about 2005 but I think it's the same... 2006 they added these...

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      You can turn off the passenger side air bag when a child is in the seat... the air bag is a danger to children and they likely won't hit the dash anyway, in the event of an accident.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast