•  

Thread: On the lighter side, The new stereo

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

On the lighter side, The new stereo

One thing I have noticed as of late is that the price of even good stereos has come down, with a lot of better options.

The stereo I got installed (see Wartime posting) was the Clarion DXZ385USB. As I may have some issues with the folks that installed it, I have no complaints with the stereo itself. I am extremely impressed with the sound quality, and the options. AM/FM/CD/MP3/IPOD control (no adapter needed)/ Satellite radio, the only thing missing is HD radio and bluetooth. All in all, not bad. Crutchfield has it for $149, I got it clearance at $119 (plus crappy installation).
      I originally was looking at the double-din unit, but decided that the price difference vs the options, I could easily get an external adapter, or just keep my bluetooth headset. And since I haven't used HD Radio, and rarely use OTH (over the air) radio anyway, no big loss.
      The sound is spectacular, running this direct into my Blaupunkt components it drives them nicely. Also this radio, surprisingly for a Clarion for it's price has 3 pre-amp outputs (front, rear, and sub) for expansion. The USB on the front I wasn't keen on at first, I usually don't like things on the front of the radio, but after using it a while, I found that it is actually a pretty good option.

[attachment=0:1omhd5if]p020D385USB-f_mt.jpg[/attachment:1omhd5if]

Just figured I would give the positive end of my sad story.

4 wheels, 4 doors, 4 cylinders, 8 speakers, and 1 loose nut on the steering wheel driving the car!
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3078012

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: On the lighter side, The new stereo

I bought the kenwood KVT-512 and it had the usb port on it. I was very happy with how well it works and what it can do! But three pre amp outputs on a 100 dollar unit.. wow... good buy!