•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to add Bluetooth

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks

I want to add Bluetooth

as the title of this thread says, I want to add Bluetooth to Scoots' Audio system, but I Can't afford (and I actually don't want to install) an Aftermarket Head Unit; and i don't want to use one of those Sun Visor Mounted Bluetooth units, or a Bluetooth Headset. so what are my options?

Casual Roadtripper RicochetRandy's Avatar
      Thanks
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It might be best to hold off on it, seeing how it's a want and not a need. If you can't afford ~$150, then you can't afford unexpected repairs or maintenance, which is bad!

Thanks
      What do you want to use the bluetooth for? Streaming audio or phone calls?

Does your OEM head unit have a USB input? I believe you can buy a bluetooth adapter that you could plug in there.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
      What do you want to use the bluetooth for? Streaming audio or phone calls?

Does your OEM head unit have a USB input? I believe you can buy a bluetooth adapter that you could plug in there.
      If possible, I'd like to do both; as I was thoroughly impressed by the MyLink System in the Spark (but I know it won't fit in our cars) and No, since Scoots is a US Spec Model, the Head Unit doesn't have a USB Input.

Thanks
      Does it have an aux input of any sort?

Here is a product that looks like it would work nice and simple:

Milennia MIL-BTREC Bluetooth® adapter at Crutchfield.com

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
      Does it have an aux input of any sort?

Here is a product that looks like it would work nice and simple:

Milennia MIL-BTREC Bluetooth® adapter at Crutchfield.com

it has the standard 3.5mm Aux Port on the front of the Head Unit.

Thanks
      You could get an adapter from RCA to 3.5mm, or just cut and solder the wires to a 3.5mm plug. Not the cleanest idea... but it would work.

If that doesn't sound good, just look at all the other bluetooth goodies Crutchfield has. They got loads, that was just one I found.

What do you mean there's no turbo? PoisonIvy's Avatar
      Thanks
      Don't add some crummy add-on device to your car, it's a waste of money. The only thing I'd semi recommend would be an earpiece.

BUT, save up for an aftermarket stereo. You WILL NOT regret it. I was once in the anti-aftermarket crowd, but not anymore. It's probably the biggest bang for your buck you can do to enjoy your car.

You need to save $150... Comes with everything you need to install including adapter for the aveo to mount it, wiring harness, and instructions. Super easy, just sodder the harness to the deck on your kitchen table, pop off the surround panel around the stock stereo, 4 screws and unclip the harness, new one goes in in reverse. Just run the microphone wire under the dash, up the a pillar and along, tucked under the headliner, and mount just above the rear view mirror.

Either of these would do the trick... The colors are customizeable, so it looks pretty stock if that's one of your concerns.

JVC KW-R910BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Pioneer FH-X700BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

I wasn't that big on bluetooth until I installed it in my Aveo last fall. Now I won't go without it

I'll keep it and add a turbo Pontiac1976's Avatar
      Thanks
      As he has 09 and up style GM,USA/Canada both sell a Bluetooth unit for the Aveo & Suzuki, Canada sell unit for Bluetooth unit for the swift to go with your factory radio. But price is a little high vs aftermarket . You could try this Bluetooth/ USB /Radio plugs in your lighter/aux port, so of the better ones work pretty good. since you do not want a aftermarket radio. I had one with the factory before I changed radio's.
      Drop in to your Dealer ask them about it that part free.
      PONTIAC1976

PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car
      PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car

This new set up is Messed up! at CarDomain. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3101276

Simple & Clean :) AndrewButler05's Avatar
      Thanks
      I too was against the aftermarket crowd. I simply did not want something that "stuck-out" of my dash. This is the closest thing I could find to looking stock, and being a Kenwood I went for it. That being said, the model for about $35 more has Bluetooth, but looks the same from the front. I didn't get it since I figured I wouldn't use it, as of yet I have not missed it. I set the black-light to green, and adjusted the brightness. During the day it's bright enough, and when the dash lights come on, it dims and matches them perfectly. I got it on sale with overnight shipping for $199 on Crutchfield.

It came with the outline filler bracket, and the connector adapter so I didn't have to modify the stock harness connector. I also went with a double-din to eliminate the filler compartment underneath. I didn't use it, and I found that if I did put anything in it that it looked cluttered.

Just my two cents, maybe a spark of a compromise for you.

Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by AndrewButler05; 03-17-2014 at 01:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast