•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuse replacement.

Fuse replacement.

Okay, I feel like a moron for posting this, but I am having a really hard time trying to figure out how to get the radio/clock fuse out of the fusebox.
      2005 Aveo LT Sedan.
      It is enclosed in some kinda black plastic clip which makes it impossible to get out! What do I need to do?

I am trying to replace the fuse because my clock resets every time I turn the car off and the radio doesn't work.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I think the problem would be with the clock itself and not the fuse. I think some people here had some problems and had the clock replaced.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

I know that there are issues with the clock, but I am also having issues with the radio as well. In short, the radio doesn't work.

I read in another thread where someone was having a similar issue; the clock resets to 1:00 (when you open the door or turn the ignition off) and the radio doesn't work. The guy in that thread said that it was because he had a burned out fuse.

I poped out the fusebox cover and tried to remove the fuse for the clock/radio, but there is a black clip like thing that seems to be keeping the fuse in place... I'd say that it was a fuse puller, but it doesn't look like any fuse puller I've ever seen. If it IS a fuse puller, then that raises the question: How the hell did the previous owner manage to jam the fuse puller into the slot with the fuse?

In any case, if you have any insight into this, I would appreciate it. I don't want to screw something up by trying to force the clip.

Thanks

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      pull really hard.
      fix anything you break.

ahhh yes that fuse is a pain, because i believe ur hazards and turn signals are wired to that fuse i think..i had half my dash torn apart and had to run to the hardware store and i had no tunrsignals lol...to get that special little fuse out jes pry those black clips to the side and pull the fuse right out (if u break those little black clips, dont worry not important. its handy to have a fuse puller or little pliers

Thanks.
      I got a pair of plyers to yank the guard out and a knife to trim it down.
      I've never seen a fuse protected in that way before. I wonder what the hell they were thinking?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: Fuse replacement.

I just blew this fuse today. I cannot get it out. Do you pull the black plastic piece out, or is there some other trick. I don't have an actual fuse puller.

What should I do?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Well, I figured it out!

To get this fuse out, here is what you do:

1. Pull the fuse holder out half way.
      2. Now you can see the back two prongs of the fuse. With a small screwdriver, gently "push" the fuse out one side at a time from the BACK.
      3. Now the fuse should be sticking out enough to grab with small pliers. Grab and pull it out.

Mine was blown, so I replaced it.

Viper

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

We just purchased a 2006 aveo and have the same issue where the clock resets and the radio doesn't work. I was just wondering if changing the fuse took care of the issue for you guys?

Also when I look at the fuse diagram in the manual (wife is gone with car) I see one fuse listed as Radio/CLK (2nd fuse from top - left side) and one listed way at the bottom CLK/Radio. Which of these is the correct one to replace? Again - probably easy to see if I was actually looking at it... lol

The seller is offered to replace radio - which I'll probably let him do.. lol - but just want to knwo about fuse as well since clock is just annoying me.

Thanks ahead of time,
      P

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

The fuse in the black holder at the bottom of the fuse box is in the constant (always on) 12VDC circuit that powers the clock and radio memory. It is mounted in a carrier so you can simply pull the carrier to disconnect constant 12VDC from clock, radio, whatever.

The 10A radio/clock fuse near the top is in the ACC circuit. This is the main power for the clock, radio, some other things that comes on with the ignition switch. There is also a "illumination" connection through a fuse, this dims the radio and clock display when the lights are turned on. Mine doesn't work for some reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast