•  

Thread: factory alarm after instaling remote starter

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

factory alarm after instaling remote starter

Hi, I installed remote starter a month ago, and since then my factory alarm starts when I open/close the door, or when I start the car. Its unpredictable and very embarrassing. I went back to the store that installed remote starter, but they told me they can not do nothing with factory alarm. They told me never to use original car key to enter the car. And I don't. But sometimes happens that my kid touches the door and the alarm starts again. I don't know much about cars and I don't know what to do. I'm planning to go again to the place where I installed remote starter (paid $330), this time with my husband and to see again what to do. It's very annoying. Thank you.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      IT sounds like they missed something with the remote starter?

Since aftermarket wiring is different, and peoples work is different on top of that, my only suggestion would be is to try unlocking the car with the remote before you start the car (maybe you can re-lock it once it is running?) that might disable the alarm so you do not run into the situation.

I would think the problem lies in how they bypassed the immobolizer. But since i do not know how they wired anything, i can only speculate. Did they have you "install" a factory key into the system? I have heard with some chipped keyed cars you have to install a factory key near the lock cylinder in the column to cure the sensor issue for remote starters.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      remote start not installed properly the full way. factory alarm should only be able to be armed with your factory remote lock button and has the possibility of being armed by using the key in the driver door and lock button while door is open.

Factory alarm can be disarmed by unlocking the car with the key in the driver door and possibly by unlocking with the remote. To disarm it with the remote start they have to wire the factory alarm disarm wire from the remote start to a wire in the driver kick panel.