•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clock resetting

clock resetting

I did a search through the forum and can't seem to find that anyone has a resolution to the clock randomly resetting itself to some random time. Each time mine does it, it's a different time ~ but NEVER 12:00, like every other electrical item I've seen after a power loss.

Does anyone know the reason the clock does this, or how to fix it? I'm tired of setting the time two to three times a week for the past three years.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      try leaving your battery unhooked over night, i had a similar problem with my cobalt.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      when my clock was resetting it was always to 1:00. are you sure it's not just resetting to 1:00 and you dont notice it until it says like 3:17 (2 hours and 17 minutes later)? I had to take mine to the dealer, they fixed it under warranty

At first, I thought what you did so I started very consciously noting the time. I'm one of those people that commutes on a train to work, which means I tend to spend less than 10 minutes in the car each morning at 7am. But the clock would say 3:15 or 9:04 for example when I am leaving the driveway. (Drives around my small city also tend to be less than 20 minutes in length.)

One of the thoughts I had, but can't test, is that the clock resets and then hours of time pass until I happen to turn on the car again and notice it. I've gotten into a habit of checking if the time is correct before I shut off the car and leave it. Maybe I'll toss a notebook in there and catalogue the resets for prosperity, or proof for the dealership.

Fact still remains, even if it did reset to 1:00, we don't know why it does that.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      sounds like maybe when you turn the car off, it shorts out but then re-gains power and resets from there, still keeping time...not really sure, get it checked if it bothers you, mine did and It was only the fuse for the alarm/clock was blown, coulda saved gas if I just checked.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      have you tried what i suggested? or am i invisible on this thread?

Thanks
      where do you live? mine only does it when it gets really cold out, dont know why but it does

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      where do you live? mine only does it when it gets really cold out, dont know why but it does
      At first I thought that was the case with mine too as it started resetting in the winter, but then when I went to South Texas for spring break it was doing it there too... so I know it's not a weather issue

Mine came from the dealership that way. The big radio/clock fuse was popped out halfway.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by khan4rtist View Post
      try leaving your battery unhooked over night, i had a similar problem with my cobalt.

Did that solve it and did u find the issue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast