•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cabin air filter

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Do you know the part number for the Cabin Filter and the Engine Air Filter as well?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Here is video if anyone needs help.

What's wrong with my car? Bammer's Avatar
      Thanks
      The above video is great, but my 04 had a plastic piece underneath the metal bar that was removed, which made removal of the filter impossible ! I cut the plastic piece that is shaped just like the metal one that's removed and have suffered no ill affects . I shoved the crevice tool on my shop vac to get any loose junk out of the plenum , which they don't do in the video..

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Bammer View Post
      The above video is great, but my 04 had a plastic piece underneath the metal bar that was removed, which made removal of the filter impossible ! I cut the plastic piece that is shaped just like the metal one that's removed and have suffered no ill affects . I shoved the crevice tool on my shop vac to get any loose junk out of the plenum , which they don't do in the video..
      My 09 had the same plastic piece. I didn't cut it off completely, just snapped one of the sides so I could bend it out of the way. I'll probably take your idea and just cut the plastic bar off, since it really is pointless with the metal bar there.

And the last mechanic I had talked to told me there wasn't a cabin air filter in my car...

What's wrong with my car? Bammer's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by CKTofu View Post
      My 09 had the same plastic piece. I didn't cut it off completely, just snapped one of the sides so I could bend it out of the way. I'll probably take your idea and just cut the plastic bar off, since it really is pointless with the metal bar there.

And the last mechanic I had talked to told me there wasn't a cabin air filter in my car...

My filter had never been changed ! 10 years and 93,000 miles worth ! It was the previous owners fault, I found it as soon as I got the car and replaced it !

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by kulaps View Post
      Do you know the part number for the Cabin Filter and the Engine Air Filter as well?
      I bought mine through Amazon--

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon.com: TYC 800027P Chevrolet Aveo Replacement Cabin Air Filter: Automotive

--Mike

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Hi, is that OEM?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Hi, is that OEM?
      According to some of the review comments, they are, but I don't know that for a fact. They worked fine for me and are a third of the price a service shop would charge. It was a 10 minute job to replace both filters.

Thanks
      Hi, is that OEM?
      They aren't the stock GM filters, but I wouldn't worry about getting original GM filters, there's not really a point. These ones would work just as well, and definitely cost less. If you look around on amazon or in an automotive store, you should be able to find stuff that fits your car. Normally I'd recommend just going to an automotive store, they have books that let you look up what filters they sell that will fit your car.

That said, if you're dead set on OEM, here are some part numbers.

Air intake filter: GM Part # 96536696 or ACDelco A3081C

Cabin air filter: GM Part # 96449577

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Some Aveos definitely did not come with a cabin air filter. I own a 2007 Aveo5 SVM and this morning I went to change the cabin air filter (after nearly 9 years!). There is none.

After I did not find the little vertical door (filter cover), only knockouts where it should be, I went ahead and removed the screws holding the lower half of the HVAC housing to the upper half and pried it open and used a strong LED flashlight to look inside. The first time I looked I saw no slots/guides for the filter so I checked again after removing two more large screws towards the back. The bottom half of the housing still wouldn't come out - I think it is attached by a couple more large screws accessed from the engine compartment. However, I did see the filter slots/guides. I am going to try and obtain a filter cover and then cut out the knockouts where it goes.

Another thread on this site lists the GM P/N as 96434187

Last edited by Steve_Hewlett; 06-24-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast