•  

Thread: Aveo power locks (what i will need to do)

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Aveo power locks (what i will need to do)

Hi everyone

My mother in law has 05 Aveo with power windows. She asked me is it possible to install the power locks and get the remote. I checked her car and i found the car has all relays are in place, controller under steering wheel (controller for power locks), trunk lid has the wire to electric release(open the trunk).
      Now i have few problems and i need some help:
      I`m wondering if the aftermarket power lock actuators will work. I know in the driver doors there should be master for all actuators(i guess).
      Where I can find the electric harness connector( i don`t think there are plugs in the door)
      I saw on ebay few remotes for aveo and i dont know witch one is right( i saw remote with 2 buttons (lock and unlock) and another one also with 2 buttons but (lock/unlock and trunk). I`m not sure witch one is right.
      If you know where i can find some electric diagram

Thank you

Still love my daily driver Nemasys's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: Aveo power locks (what i will need to do)

I have power locks on mine, probly wont help you but the way it works is only with the driver's door. Meaning if i lock that door, all the doors lock automatically but if i lock any other door, it doesnt work. The remote is in the key (2 buttons on it for lock/unlock) and the signal receiving unit is under the bottom center console (right behind the handbrake between the seats)

If you have the hatch, you dont need the remote with the trunk release, when you lock/unlock the doors, it also locks/unlocks the hatch door. You need the trunk release with the sedan model.

> 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
      - Fully built, GT35R, 500+ whp

> 2004 Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged [RETIRED]
      - T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
      - HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
      - FMIC with 2.5" piping
      - Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57