•  

Thread: Wrapped 2011 Aveo. Thinking of re-wrapping

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Wrapped 2011 Aveo. Thinking of re-wrapping

So my wife bought this 2011 Aveo before we got married and before we had a family it was her daily driver and I wrapped it in matte metallic purple for her. Now we have 2 kids and she drives my SUV... leaving me to drive the little purple car. (Thanks babe) anyway it's not bad but purple isn't my color. It was blue to begin with so I'm thinking of reverting back to the blue, or doing a different color. There are so many options a for wrap out there it's ridiculous. I am a certified wrap Installer so I'm not to worried about paying someone else to do it just material cost. And plasti dip can go die in a hole for all I'm concerned. wrap vinyl is the way to go. If anyone has any thoughts I would like hear what you think.

I'm also looking for any body kits/ after market bumper/ Side skirt ideas. There really isn't a whole lot out there for the 2011 body style.

Also considering selling the car. Just not sure yet.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Body wise, the car looks like it has a body kit once you get it low enough. I would like to see pictures of your wrap.

I go both ways with the wrap versus plasti dip, I would just paint it myself. But I have seen good and bad of both, and would take a good job done in either over a bad job of the other. If that makes sense. I think with the tear down I tend to see for either job to be done correctly, sanding and painting materials cost is almost the same I would just paint it, although like you said, I am not paying someone else to do it.

I drove 2 kids around in my aveo, they actually fit. For what the aveo is worth, I would just keep it and buy a miata or something to have fun with.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to petrified.rabbit For This Useful Post:

Krench7 (08-29-2017)

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Rabbit,

Thanks for the reply. I added a few photos to my garage for you to take a look at. Also do you have any suspension / lowering springs you would recommend? It's almost time to replace the stock ones anyway so I might as well lower it while I'm at it.

And living around Chicago, I have seen too many bad plasti jobs, its killed plasti for me, over-spray, orange peel, too thin of layers so it doesn't come off right. People bring their cars in to me after they have a bad experience with plasti dip and the wrap vinyl just looks so much better. Its more expensive to do the right way but it looks better longer. And much easier to remove if you stay inside the longevity parameters Don't get me wrong I have seen my fair share of bad wraps as well, people that cut with a knife on the paint, people that seam the vinyl in stupid / obvious places. peeling and lifting due to improper install methods... I digress....

Okay, rant over, lol. I decided I want to lower the car, get some nice wheels, and re wrap in one of the new Avery Shade shift colors. Maybe chrome HAHA! a chrome Aveo.

Attachment 11176