•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howling in the wind??

Howling in the wind??

Ever since Ive owned my Aveo, on any day I had any kind of head wind, Ive heard a howling noise, and Ive noticed its worse when I can actually feel the wind hit the car. So, I know its not brakes or bearings.

I was wondering if anybody else has experienced the same problems. It drives me nuts.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i believe its the wind hitting the mirrors....i wouldnt say its a problem because there is nothing wrong with the car, you hear alot of outside noise when in the aveo

Thanks
      pretty much what sam said

I know last night with that wind coming out of the NW, it was aweful on my drive to Lawton.

I noticed when I hit the wipers, and the driver side arm came vertical, it stopped. I thought about timing it just right and pulling the fuse when the wipers were in that position just to get some relief. I guess next time I will fold the mirror in.

I tried drowning it out with the stereo, but you know how the stock decks are in these things.

Thanks
      i drown every noise out with my stock system....squeeking brakes, suspension noise and wind

The only howling noise I've ever heard was when I found out that the top right corner of the windshield didn't have any sealer on it.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      i get a howling every time it is windy out here, which is pretty often.....i do live in fontana after all. so theres nothing wrong......just the poor aerodynamics of the car

Quote Originally Posted by khan4rtist
      i get a howling every time it is windy out here, which is pretty often.....i do live in fontana after all. so theres nothing wrong......just the poor aerodynamics of the car
      Thats what I kinda figured, but just kinda wanted someone else to kinda confirm it. Its a shame I dont have a wind machine so that I could experiment with different mirrors, different windshield weather stripping, etc.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I get howling every time it's windy. I don't even know where it's coming from. I notice that it stops when I crack my window, yet, the noise is not coming from the window when it is up. It sounds almost like it is coming from the roof. I have a 2007 Aveo LS. Did you figure out anything? Also...here is a question about squeeky brakes form another post I made today:

I have a question about my 2007 Aveo LS. When I bought it the brakes squeeked (I bought it used). They will squeek every time I push the brakes in slightly. They don't really squeek when I push the brakes in hard. Nonetheless, it is annoying when my brakes squeek all the time! I took it to the dealership where I bought it (2X). Both times they told me that the brakes were like brand new and that they wouldn't change them. They told me brakes on Aveos are metallic and not ceramic because they're made to be affordable and that all metalic brakes will squeek like that. He said that everyone has that problem, but the brakes are fine. Is this true? I would NEVER purchase a new car with squeeky brakes. I don't think anyone would.

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      There is another thread that covers this, it's air coming around the doors. I will post the link here. Also take it to the dealer and file a complaint, hopefully we can get a recall going to fix the issue for free.

http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f81/f...gh-winds-9234/

Last edited by daug1502; 02-18-2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: link
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast