•  
    Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: TurboTalk -1.6L 1st Gen w/ Intake Air Temperature & Manifold Ambient Pressure Control

What do you mean there's no turbo? northguest47's Avatar
      Thanks
      just checking in, its been awhile.. so this forum is on the hunt for the header, this is promising, great news for the discussion about how the stock motor is somehow going to connect to the turbo. if not for this thread i would have to spend 200 hours making a version that wouldn't even be close. for those that have read the thread if the header group buy goes through this will for sure lend confidence to all who buy it, that they 'could turbo their old aveo'. And this design must be for closed loop turbo with cat. That opens up possibilities, but for this discussion it has be geek.
      once the parts are sourced there is a confidence level achieved and then i can fish for the throttle body fuel injectiion
      So to summarize this thought experimant, the three biggest obstacles to make this idea happen are now one.
      1. The wiring harness. The technical piece of magic that not only makes the parts work, it makes me work. To buy it. And like I said this project in still in the saving/research phase, but for some reason Arizona keeps popping up. I guess the weather is better there?

Last edited by northguest47; 04-11-2017 at 05:10 AM.

Thanks
      Ok so here is a small update - Arizona has race car tracks and dirt tracks and lots of car stuff. So thaats why Arizona knows turbo.
      Where I grew up and whatnot, there was lots of dirt bike tracks but no race tracks for spirited driving.
      06t200 has put some sweat equity into the electronic guts of this car, awesome to see, that part about mention of just 'scrapping all the stock control' and re-control the whole car with an open sourced alternative to say the 'stock, locked down, logic'? All's we want to do is strap a single turbo, not two for gosh sakes.
      Just keepin on, little car saves me money, even with the poor mileage, a decent car.
      Needs a turbo tho, (the little train that could style)

So a new approach started is:
      the basis has to be changed:

control the car open sourced
      Last edited by northguest47; 05-03-2017 at 02:25 AM.

Thanks
      A post card to the project.. all is not lost, the car survives the 'should i sell it or keep it for three more years, if i get three, i make my money back... 110 thousand miles on the old etec-ii motor, she's barely broken inn.. i am still saving for this project and thats all i can say

Edit: one more thing about the 275bhp 250ft.lbs 2600lb car
      Last edited by northguest47; 08-07-2017 at 01:45 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to northguest47 For This Useful Post:

AndrewButler05 (08-07-2017),Daox (08-07-2017)

Thanks
      just checking in, its been awhile. re-directed by a fabrication priority since long time. still, if the header sell works and gives a few more horses, it would 'lean into this direction' to turbo the car. i have not given up on this, its just not the focus right now. a quick yewe tuber a thon shows me that enough proof is there about the motor. its just its an old car now, its ten years old, is that good or bad, who knows, but if a custom wiring harness has to be made 'i don't think it matters'.
      nothing new to report except that if the install would give three more years to the car, the investment makes sense
      still. new cars are bloated with stuff i don't want.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to northguest47 For This Useful Post:

Daox (10-20-2017),xintersecty (10-22-2017)

Thanks
      just checking in, its been awhile. Fabrication priority is completed. Saving up for the possibility now, 18 months turns into 'more than 18 months'. Still, its down to that, and the road trip required, which I continue to dream about. Its a tad mad, but then again, I can't afford a p100d
      You know its funny that 'dodgy' car everyone is talking about at the track is made in my hometown, but I never heard that on any of the yew tuber a thons, just that 3000 units might go south. Makes me wonder where the other 300 are going..
      Ok ok back to work...
      Last edited by northguest47; 12-15-2017 at 08:01 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to northguest47 For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-15-2017)

Thanks
      Thanks for the update.

Thanks
      just checking in, its been awhile.. working like a dog saving jack. I noticed a post from Suprasalas1 about a turbo thread! This is fantastic news as nothing is more precious than a thread from someone who has already succeeded! Well Ive got Rabbits endlinks to install, drivers side control arm to replace, and the shifter assembly to replace upcoming work. Havent seen if progress on that header has is closer to a group buy. Gonna PM Suprasalas1 and say hello. Over and out.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Hey just fyi, I created a thread to put some heads together about what could possibly be parts swapped between our engine and the Z16LET engine (176HP, 170FtLbs of Torque - 1.6L GenIII E-TEC engine w TURBO!!!!).

http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f81/c...41/#post206546

It was used in quite a few cars over seas, but in the US was used in the 2010 through 2012 SAAB 9-5 1.6T which IS available in the states. It looks pretty darned close to our engine in almost every aspect. Even watching side by side youtube videos of doing the timing belt service looks almost the same besides the 1.6 turbo having VVT.

For the most part as far as I have been able to tell so far, it's the same engine, very very very similar if not exact head and block, with some kind of weird VVT cam system, Coil on Plug setup and turbo. I'm just curious if it's so similar to ours that we could just slap the ECM or piggy back the SAAB ECM to ours and the turbo (and everything to go with the turbo)and injectors on and have the same setup without VVT. It may still run $2 grand but it COULD be bolt on for the most part which would be pretty awesome.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hexskrew For This Useful Post:

northguest47 (05-25-2018)

Thanks
      just checking in, its been awhile
      continuing to remain
      stubborn

the car

hypothesis
      Last edited by northguest47; 05-04-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Thanks
      just checking in, its been awhile
      continuing to remain
      stubborn

the car
      keepin it ready but using it everyday too
      can't even start a turbo without either
      a fun road trip
      or more canadian dallas to pay a shop in canada thats not interested really

fine, i'll take it wherever it needs to go, just haven't saved the money yet for this

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast