•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throttle position sensor

I'll keep it and add a turbo Weirdo_Joe's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Right on, Barber! And as far as the code- on one of these threads, somebody said p2135 was another code, and not the APP sensor, which is what the printout from autozone said it was, if not a wiring connection. If that's true, then even the code/diagnostic is confusing. But the abundance of ppl with the same problem who resolved it with throttle body cleaning or replacement, makes me think that's the ticket. (That IS one of the 2 options the mechanics narrowed it to) Thanks a lot, everyone! One more thing... can it wait? Until this time next month, maybe? Or will that be dangerous/harmful to the engine? I just paid my 6 month car insurance and am pretty broke.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      my CEL for the p2135 has been intermittent for about 6 months, but it was progressively staying on and the acceleration was getting noticeably choppier - - which spurred me into action of replacement

it doesnt seem to me to be harmful...

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
      my CEL for the p2135 has been intermittent for about 6 months, but it was progressively staying on and the acceleration was getting noticeably choppier - - which spurred me into action of replacement

it doesnt seem to me to be harmful...
      That is interesting, we need a sticky of this

I'll keep it and add a turbo Weirdo_Joe's Avatar
      Thanks
      DUDE(S) I am about to post something in a thread of it's own that worked... I won't go into every detail here, but look for it, if you want. Basically, I redlined it. Read how it cleans engine parts, and can clear engine codes. It went off in 2 or 3 engine cycles, has STAYED off for 8 days (last Wednesday, it's friday the acceleration is smoother in the low 1st gear range... I waited a week before posting, but I think it worked!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Cleaning the TPS will work because thats what they did to mine when i had a problem with the idling. They cleant it at my alst services which was a few months ago and its working probably. And im sure u can just replace the sensor because they would've replaced mine if the cleaning didnt work.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      My check engine light has been on and off for about a year in a half. 2 weeks ago i replaced the valve cover gasket, spark plugs, sp wires, and cam shaft position sensor. Check engine light came back on 2 days after that. Read the diagnostics and it read problems with my throttle position sensor and pedal switch. 2 years ago my car acted up and wouldn't move forward. I had the pedal down to the floor and it didn't budge. Didn't happen again until these past 3 weeks and a total of 9 times these past 2 days - while I was driving. I had to pull over and turn my car off then back on and 6 times that worked for sometimes 100 yds then it would act up again. Went to dealership and they said I could just purchase the throttle body sensor bc it comes with the whole throttle body as well. Price would be maybe 35-50 for the sensor but now 250 for the throttle body and 100 for labor. Just wondering if there is a way I can purchase just the sensor b/c its a rip off to buy the whole body instead of spending $300 more.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      the throttle body shouldnt cost more than $150 used from a wrecker....and you can put it in yourself in about 30-45min with simple hand tools/ratchet set

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Weirdo_Joe View Post
      DUDE(S) I am about to post something in a thread of it's own that worked... I won't go into every detail here, but look for it, if you want. Basically, I redlined it. Read how it cleans engine parts, and can clear engine codes. It went off in 2 or 3 engine cycles, has STAYED off for 8 days (last Wednesday, it's friday the acceleration is smoother in the low 1st gear range... I waited a week before posting, but I think it worked!
      Growing up, that's what we used to call an Italian tuneup!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12