•  

Thread: Target Idle Speed change. Aveo5 2010 / 1.2 Petrol

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Target Idle Speed change. Aveo5 2010 / 1.2 Petrol

Hi Guys,

First of all, it's a really huge pleasure for me! I tried to find something with the "Search" but nothing useful and that's why i am posting this new thread.

First little geographic info: I am Vasil, Nice to meet you. I am from Europe/Bulgaria.

Now with the real problem that I have.

I have AVEO5 (or T250, I am not sure which is right). It's a 2010 year model hatchback. I bought it a brand new. Now it's on 46000KM. Since the beginning it's was with low idle speed (around 650RPM ). I went to the official GM workshops here in the capitol Sofia, but they told me that this Target Idle Speed value is in the ECM/ECU and it's impossible to change it. I think for the engine is hard to work with such low values...

Now my question is, does anyone know a software and a cable type, or anything that can access the root of the computer and can change these simple values? I will accept everything that you are sure that it will work.

Please help me with everything that you can. I think these 650 RPM are not enough for the car to work fine and smooth.

Best Regards
      Vasil Torbov

Thanks
      Hello and welcome to the site Vasil.

Is the low idle speed really that big of a problem? You've driven 46000km with it like it is. 650 rpm for a manual transmission vehicle seems pretty normal to me.

Also, there is no real easy way to increase idle speed (without doing a hack job). It is controlled by the ECU. Reprogramming is possible but expensive.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Hi Daox,

It's not a really big deal, but I have installed LPG system on it, and there is a little problem with keeping the idle speed stable on LPG. There is a distortion of 50 to 100 RPM up and down, and sometimes this makes the engine to shake a little. That is the main reason that i want to increase the idle speed a little from 650 to 750 or 800. So, there is a way but i can't do it myself... That's bad. If it's so expensive then it doesn't worth to spend money on it.