•  

Thread: Over heated blues

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Over heated blues

Hi there first time poster , been a guest for a while though.
      I have a 2009 Aveo 5 LT auto with a vin E engine that has the vvt engine. The vehicle has 137,xxx miles.The over heating occurred after a cracked coolant resivour was noticed and temporally fixed while waiting for a new one that was ordered offline due to not being able to find it locally. The car over heated while my wife was driving, coolant resivour naturally came in the mail the day after:/ "Fxxxxx @&!!$". So I used a block tester kit with the blue fluid and the turkey baster thing and had a slight color change indicating exhaust gases in the cooling system and a bad boil over condition afterwards. So a friend and I took on the task of tearing it down. Over the next few days I aquired parts and dropped the head off at the machine shop. When we straight edged it in my garage we had a 8 thousandths of warp. The following week on Monday 5/9/16 I pick up the head and they did a great job at a fair price. So last night I go about cleaning the block deck and prepping for head install and torqueing. When I received the head back the cam pulleys and the cam bridge that routes the oil for the vvt to the cams was disassembled, I thought no big deal I can figure it out, I already have the camshaft holder bar"Kent Moore # KM-6628-A". Which I think I still need the cam pulley holder. Alright I apologize for the long winded post, the real question I'm having a hard time figuring out is if there is a gasket or sealant used between the head and the cam bridge?

thanks in advance for reading my post.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  288.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  289.8 KB

Last edited by PaulM; 05-14-2016 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Pics

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      First thing I would do would be to call the machine shop and ask them, they may assemble it for you, or answer any questions.... I'm NO EXPERT ON OVERHEAD CAMS AT ALL ( had to get that out there ) but in my opinion I would think no on the gasket.

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Did you check rock auto for parts? Sometimes they have a good example. Also when you ordered your seal kit, did something weird come with it? That could be the part.

That variable drive crap is so new I have no idea about it. I am just really glad I have the older engine.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I have checked with the local GM dealer, and they state there is actually no gasket there.So I am going to just bite the bullet and put together and cross my fingers.I am still in disbelief though that there is no gasket there.Thank you for the replies.

Last edited by PaulM; 05-18-2016 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Grammar