•  

Thread: no restart

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

no restart

2005 Aveo 1.6 automatic trans. Plastic idler pulley grenade threw timing belt bent all valves but pistons are ok.
      Replaced water pump, new head . Got it to start but idled high for awhile then idled down. Once I turn engine off it wont restart unless it sits any where from 2 to 24 hrs. car sat for a couple years got it started today but same thing, idled high then idled down, I jacked up front of car to put it in gear and let it run through its shift points to let pcm relearn but it wont shift. Plus I cant get key out of ign unless I disconnect the pos cable off battery. Is the pcm bad?
      Can it be tested? Will a bad pcm cause the no restart and not shifting through gears? I have no clue what to do next.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      So there is nothing from the tranny at all, or does it engage when shifted? On the no-restart, have you tried to diagnose spark or fuel by spraying some carb cleaner/starter fluid into the intake? A realtime data scanner (Torque, etc) would likely be a big help to getting through these issues.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Tell us a bit more about how it developed?