•  

Thread: loud

loud

after i first got my car two years ago i had the resonators removed but i never pulled the muffler until today. damn if it were one of the loudest things ive ever ridden in. i was idling around the neighborhoods and pissing people off, so i put the stock muffler back on it until i can find a new muffler, probably flowmaster, or mabye one of those flowtech warlocks.

i think those two resonators make a hell of a difference now lol.

oh and i found out the law here in west memphis says cars exhaust sound can not exceed 60db and be legal. i was wailing at probably 40 at idle in park.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Just to give you a pointer, a normal conversation being held at 3 feet from you would be 60db... Your car at idle with nothing was probably louder than that.

80db is about what a tractor sounds like at 45feet, and 40 db is a quiet room... at 30 db, your sleeping in a country home.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      yes when i got my exhaust done, even with the flowmaster, i had to put a resonator on because it was just to loud for my taste. I was on the highway doing about 65mph at 2300-2700 rpm and my friend on the phone was saying my car was too loud! lol

Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981
      yes when i got my exhaust done, even with the flowmaster, i had to put a resonator on because it was just to loud for my taste. I was on the highway doing about 65mph at 2300-2700 rpm and my friend on the phone was saying my car was too loud! lol
      are the aftermarket resonators any better than the stock ones, or is there no difference at all?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      i think either will work fine as long as you size them to your exhaust size

i know my exhaust is all jacked up right now so i probably need it redone from the cat.

#1 problem is my downpipe is bent from bottoming out and hitting a set of railroad tracks, i think this is dampering my performance a lil

#2 problem is when i got the resonators replaced with pipe, the guy didnt know what he was doing and its 2" piped patched in between the first flange after the flex and the first 90 degree bend, at the time i had no clue that it was a hackjob.

will there be any problem replacing that cast iron crap with regular exhaust pipe, or is it necessary for the downpipe to be so thick?