•  

Thread: Head Kit?

Head Kit?

I found a thread on Daewootech that if i read correctly has information about a head kit. I'm thinking that some of you guys know a little more about this than me so I was wondering if it would work. There is a link about halfway down that page that points to a head kit for a lanos. So I suppose my question to you is will it work? The link is below.

To the Daewoo tech thread.
      http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8178

To the head kit i speak of
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      A quick read of it says that it's made for an 8 valve engine. Ours have 16. I don't know if that means if flat out won't work, or if it means you'd have to get two kits. If it means the second, that's a sh!t load of money.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      dont get that kit....audacityracing was working on getting a group buy on kent cams, they found a set of lanos cams to base it off of....hopefull he can chime in, because last time i talked to him about it he was waiting for them to get back to him on it.....original, the plan was to just get the kent cam package for the astra ecotec 1.6L but the cams were a little rough for the aveo because of the difference in compression in the engine.

Yeah, in theory the cams from the X16XE will fit without a problem. you would need to upgrade your springs though as the rate that the cam rises is much steeper than the Lanos/Aveo.

Do not use the cams for the 8v, they will not work what so ever

As for Kent cams, we're still waiting on them. I sent another email on Monday with no response yet. We'll see what's up when they reply (they have the Lanos cam and are comparing it)

I'm totally interested in a group by on a cam kit...or just the cams. keep me posted.