•  

Thread: Flashing Hold Light

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Flashing Hold Light

Ive seen numerous articles online and in the forum, but nothing relates to the problem Im recieving.
      This morning when I went to crank my car the car seemed to sputter and the hold light started to flash. The car is an 2005 Aveo LS Hatch. The car was still in park and I did not put the car in drive yet. I turned the car off and back on and the car was fine? The engine light is on and has been on ever since the header was put on.This is the second time that this has happend but it has been months since the last incident. Any help would be appreciated.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      could be a neutral safety switch issue, i have not come across all of the thing the hold light does/indicates, but if the car was having trouble starting (for what ever reason), then the poor coil signal could trip the light. (misfire after a big rain?)

Thanks
      It did rain very hard yesterday. I did notice when cranking the car up for lunch today that the car did not start as fast as it usually does. Going to go to advance auto to get a battery checked and go from there. I know its not the plugs, could be the plug wires or coil pack. IMO.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      hard rain when its hot puts a lot of dampness under the hood, since the hold light flashed i would suspect coil pack as it send the timing signal to the transmission (reason for the hold light). but the wires could be culprit too.

Thanks
      Well the battery was the culprit! I got a scan and it did not find anything. I noticed that it was taking longer to crank. The next day my battery was dead. I got the battery replaced and I have not had another issue yet!

Thanks
      BUMP for an old post. The issue has now reoccured. When cranking the car the hold light flashes. I can drive the car, but when I put the car in reverse you can feel the car shift hard. After a few minutes of driving it goes away. Sometimes when its flashing I have to drop it in 1st to get a response ( basically if the engine thinks the hold light is enguaged).. and other times in Drive its fine (even though hold is flashing). I got a scan done and the codes that are coming up are revelant to throttle position sensor, or the transmission position sensor. Im leaning towards the transmission sensor since the car shift hard, but it could be both

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      This just happened to me today, sitting at a dealership now.

Thanks
      I have a 2008 Aveo hatchback... Had oil change and interior air filter changed yesterday..Immedially.."Hold" light came on when I got into car at dealership... They didn't know "WHY"..??? Amaziong.. Have to go back at 9am today, to leave the car. Have had engine light problems still..Have sensor change about 8 months ago... but light kept coming ohn.. My accessory plub and lighter died.. changed Fuse..fixed the accessory plug between seats, NO lighter though.. I tell them I am a member of the Aveo For7um.. They laugh at me.. Perhaps I should go to a different dealership? I will keep you all informed..I enjoy reading all posts... thanks..

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      if the cig lighter is what went bad to pop the fuse, it might still be bad. you have to watch some accessories, if you plug them in they might ground out the +

The hold light and oil change air filter, are you sure the oil is what thy drained? I have heard of this mistake before.
      But most likely while they were checking over your car/doing the filter, etc. They might have touched the coil pack or something. IS the light still on? or was it on temporarily?

Dealerships are full of idiots.

Thanks
      Continued.... I replace a fuse, and the back accessory plug worked.. But the cig lighter still didn't.. However, today they told me they changed the fuse and now the cig lighter works? I do have my GSP and cell phone plugged into the plugs, as I don't smoke..Perhaps I just over did it? The filter they showed me was about 10 inches by 5 inches square. Said it was the filter for inside the car? on dash board above glove box. (somewhere) lol.. Yes, they are idots.. They laugh at me for seeking advice here., but I trust your insite.. Thanks, again..