•  

Thread: clutch squealing help

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

clutch squealing help

I have had this problem for a few weeks and was wondering if anyone else has had it. I have 14,000 miles on my aveo, and when the clutch is engaged (foot off pedal) it will make a chirping/squealing noise. As soon as i even touch the pedal, it goes away. If i am under the hood and grab the clutch release rod with my hand, and either movie it away or towards the slave cylinder, it goes away. It sounds like a bad preload on the clutch and the throwout bearing is touching and squeaking. Anyone else ever have this problem? Here is a TSB that i found for my EXACT to the "T" problem, except its for jeeps.

http://project-jk.com/images/tsb/TSB_06-002-07.pdf

Any help at all would be appreciated.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      i have the opposite, as soon as i dis-engage the clutch it makes a high pitched groan. This has been happening since about 6k km's. It also probably didnt help that i learned stick on this car.
      This is to those who say it can not be done... I will break 210kph!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Yours is most definitely a throwout bearing. They can last 10 miles or 100,000 miles once they start going bad, it all depends. It wish mine was a throwout bearing, something that i can just replace. With my issue, i dont know where to start to fix it.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Please help asap

hello sorry for thread mining but i am looking to buy a 2004 aveo from a friend it has 180,000 km and the clutch is squealing when dis engaged (pedel pushed in) and the car will not move forward or reverse all other thing's like timing belt a/c and all other maintence is done then this happend and he does not want to fix as this is his second vehicle is this a huge problem thats going to cost more then the car is worth? can get the car for 800$ will pass all safety and emissions testing but clutch is gone i would guess

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      you should be able to pay to get the clutch replaced for less than $1000 at an expensive shop... Thats more than your buying the car for, but the aveo is worth a lot more than the $1800 you'd have into it. I've had friends pay as little as $600.